Hello everyone, another newbie here :)

Options
Hiya Guys!!!

Im new here and wanted to say hi!

Ive tried (and failed) at EVERY diet known to man and am currently at my heaviest I have been for a long time. I have realised though that no 'fad' diets work and it all boils down to eating less (and healthier) and moving more. I have NEVER tried calorie counting in my life so its a totoally new thing to me and Im currently feeling overwhelmed by it, but im sure after a few days and a good read on this site I will get my head around it!

Anyway, heres to a new me and hopfully the start of a positive and happy journey whilst making a few friends long the way! x

Replies

• udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I was just like you. My husband came home one day and I was still sitting in the same place I was when he left for work that morning. I have 3 girls here at home and I couldn't even keep up with them.
    This site has worked wonders for me. I will always be thankful to the friend who introduced me to it!
    I really hope it helps you, and motivates you in all the right areas. If you would like a friend just shoot me a request.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It is so easy to keep track of your calories on here. And, the support you get from other members is outstanding. If you want to add me as a friend, click on my user name and you can request me there. Good luck on your journey.
  • Joeysgirl
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

This site makes losing weight so much easier with the easy to use tools. It can be an eye opener once you see what you are eating and what you are burning in calories.

Friend request sent!

I wish you the best in your journey !
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    HERE'S TO A NEW YOU!!! Welcome :)

You're in the right place. We're all in this together.

Charmagne
  • purplenut
    Options
    Welcome to MFP you will find that it is really easy to do this plus you will get all the support you could ever dream of. :happy:
  • twnzmom
    twnzmom Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you will love this site if you do everything you're suppose to it works. The support is amazing and it helps to log in your food and exercise. It makes you accountable to yourself which is most important. You can do this. I know it is hard but so far this has been an incredible journey for me, mets losts of nice people who are in similar boats as I. Good luck.
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    You're in a good place. I just joined 6 days ago so I'm still a newbie. Best wishes to you.
  • baybay73
    Options
    I'm new too... anyone feel free to friend request me as well. I think the support here looks fantastic and I agree about the calorie counting stuff. I have always felt that it was complicated and too time consuming. This makes it so easy here, and yes... holding yourself accountable is the only way to take control of your body, life, and health. Hoping to learn a lot from other people and perhaps I can be of some help as well. :)
  • rshunk
    rshunk Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm new too... anyone feel free to friend request me as well. I think the support here looks fantastic and I agree about the calorie counting stuff. I have always felt that it was complicated and too time consuming. This makes it so easy here, and yes... holding yourself accountable is the only way to take control of your body, life, and health. Hoping to learn a lot from other people and perhaps I can be of some help as well. :)

WELCOME! To the both of you! This IS a great place to help you with your journey! Lost of support and tools! Best of luck to you !