Lunch time

Options
cursiny
cursiny Posts: 907 Member
Need to eat out today for lunch. What is your favorite healthy restaurant / meal. I need ideas....

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    for fast food type places I like the ones where you essentially make it yourself, like subway/chipotle.
  • cursiny
    Options
    How about sit down restaurants?
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Applebee's, their entire menu is online with nutrition values.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    most chains are offering their "lower cal" selections.
    where ya going?
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    fajitas, and eat nothing but the meat and peppers and the beans, pico and guacamole.

Grilled meats with steamed vegetables.
  • NeonHeartz444
    Options
    Bob Evan's is nice, they have some healthy stuff.. Cracker Barrel, Apple Bee's. :)
  • elanaknt
    elanaknt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Ate at Cracker Barrel yesterday (not my choice) and was pleased with their newer lower-cal options...
  • cursiny
    Options
    I need low cal, high protein, and gluten free. Sorry should have specified at the beginning.
  • fatpammyd
    fatpammyd Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I go to the salads - grilled chicken on spinach with nuts, seeds, and cheese....dressing on side....yumm
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Most places offer some type of grilled meat and if you choose your sides wisely, you should be in good shape. Just think in terms of portion size. Nothing says you have to eat everything you are served...they have take home boxes!
  • HelensBeads
    HelensBeads Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Any of the mains (within limits, you know those ribs are way over your calorie allowance) but if you're actively trying to lose weight ask for no potatoes or chips, extra salad or extra vegetables instead.

Check out the website if you're going to a big chain place. Lots of them have their nutritional info posted now, some may be hard to find though (Costa coffee is there, but seems to be hidden, it's on a totally different site).

If you desperately need pudding have a look at the kids' menu as well as the adults', in the UK there's often fruit, jelly, a single scoop of ice cream, smaller ones.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I like local diners because they will usually do anything you want as long as they have the ingredients.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    noodles and co!
    Get their grilled chicken breast on a regular salad with no dressing! or oil and vinegar whatever. That's my go to when someone says "lets go to lunch!"
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Ate at Cracker Barrel yesterday (not my choice) and was pleased with their newer lower-cal options...

OMG! You just made my day!! I LOVE cracker barrel, but last time I went there is was 2500 calories and I think I forgot to log some stuff.

I guess grandpa's breakfast is still out of the running though.. man that breakfast is the BOMB
  • bkyoun
    bkyoun Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Go to Applebees and get chicken or steak. Low carb, low calorie, no gluten.
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Chili's has a gluten free menu -- well so do most places now. Also, the suggestion about steak or chicken is good too!
  • cursiny
    Options
    I ended up at Applebees and had the napa chicken and portobellos. It was very tasty! Thanks for all the suggestions :)
  • pittsjg
    pittsjg Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Little Caesar's for me today, but I cycle calories and macros, love mushrooms btw