What type of ticker motivates you more?

Options
I've had a ticker before but I re-created my old one so right now it has my lbs to go (53). Just wondering which motivates you more: Seeing how much you have to lose total OR how many lbs you have lost so far? Why?

Replies

• awanderingsoul22
    awanderingsoul22 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm gonna do both; for the first half of my weight loss I'm going to keep it showing how many pounds lost, for the second half how many pounds to go. It's kind of like when I'm running a certain mileage, especially a loop, and I'm trying to keep myself motivated; for the first half I'm counting up, the second half I'm counting down. At least that's what makes sense to me. I think it really just depends on what helps motivate you personally. :smile:
  • runningvegan
    Options
    Pounds lost so far. Celebrate the successes!
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I've been losing more inches than lbs, so I hate seeing the number stay as if I hadn't changed a thing ;) I know the lbs to lose stays the same, too, but I knew that would take a long while till goal, lol.

I still have in my mind that I have 30 to lose, so I do like seeing that it's certainly no longer 30 :) I might even have less to lose by the end of it. So that's a max number, and I like seeing that one.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    lost
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I like seeing how much I've lost in comparison with my goal. When I get closer to the goal, then I may switch to the "countdown" method as at that point, it will probably be more motivating for me!
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    lbs lost.... it seems to motivate me more. :)
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    What I've lost rather than how far I have to go
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    What I've lost rather than how far I have to go

This. Definitely!!
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    The ticking of a clock because it indicates rime is a-wasting. LOL! No, I use pounds lost eight now but I'm considering changing it to pounds to go when I hit 30 pounds lost.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Tickers don't motivate me at all. None of them. I don't have a scale weight goal.

That said, for those of you that do... A ticker stating how far you've come is better. It shows a positive statistic.

A ticker stating how far you have to go gives a negative statement & that tends to depress one rather than motivate.

Always look for the positive and celebrate all you are doing for your health & fitness.