Good running sneakers

Options
Does anyone know of a good running sneaker? I have zero as of now. My sister suggested getting a foot analysis but I am not sure where they do those.

Replies

• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Find a running store near you. Not some big chain store but a store dedicated to runners. They will fit you.
  • amanda9402
    amanda9402 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Agree with going to a running store. A lot of cities also have running clubs which are often sponsored by or at least can point you to the running store if you don't know of one.

Personally, I love my Brooks for running. I got fitted at my local store to manage my light overpronation, and they were well worth the trouble.
  • glreim21
    glreim21 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Agree with above, the best running shoe is the one that fits you properly, so many different foot type and gait, there is no universal 'best shoe'. Any running store will help you out.
  • desirez131
    desirez131 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My sister said Brooks too, I will have to find a shoe store near my house and see what they have to offer.
  • IhScoutII
    IhScoutII Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Like others said go to a running store get and get fitted, but don't feel obligated to buy right then..you will find better deals online.
    As far as a good shoe...I love asics...I'm using the kinsei 4 right now
  • Rebekah718
    Rebekah718 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I had the running store analyze me and listened to their recommendations but found the same shoe much cheaper else where
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Find a running store near you. Not some big chain store but a store dedicated to runners. They will fit you.

I agree with the caveat that they are only likely to recommend shoes they carry. Many of the stores near me only carry running shoes with at least a 4mm heel to toe drop. Since I prefer 0mm drop shoes I cannot buy from these stores.

As you can guess from my username I am biased. I highly recommend you read this book then make your own conclusions:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0307279189
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    To beat the dead horse, go to a running store. I think I am leaning towards Mizuno but have wore Brooks, Adidas, and Saucony. Doesn't really matter as long as they don't hurt when you use them.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Yep, running store. I initially purchased brooks with all the bells and whistles from a big box store and my ankles and feet killed me. They felt fine just walking or standing the store. A quick trip to a running store had me a new set of pearls after they analyzed my stride and foot placement. Haven't felt any pain since.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Search terms like "running shoes" or "sneaker recommendations"

You'll have all the answers you can handle.

• S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Got mine from a running store and never had shoes that fit better. It's really worth it. He took his sweet time in analyzing my feet and gait so I'm more than happy to pay the price difference to the internet. I see it as service fee ;)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    PI-Logo-Black.jpg
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Newtons. fixes heel planting. check the website and follow the training videos.
  • jennibear8504
    Options
    I love my Asics. I start getting really bad shin splints. I did a TON of research and it came down to Asics or Brooks. I think alot depends on if you have any issues and what not... Go to a running store and not a store at the mall or some place like that