Need Help Tips & New Friends

Options
I have been coming to this website for some time now & I dont know how to keep motivated. I had a goal to be skinny by my 30th birthday but that is in 2 months and I know I cant get there the healthy way so here I am again. I have a new goal to get skinny by the end of March for my big trip to Atlanta Georgia. I need tips on how to complete my goal? How do I stay motivated? I need some friends that are active on here & enjoy talking and giving tips. I need major help. Since the last time I was on here I quite and gained a lot of weight. I want to feel happy about the way I look. PLEASE HELP Thanks so MUCH xoxo

Replies

• quizzie526
    Options
    Hi there I'll send you a friend request! For me, I focus on portion sizes and the nutrient density of my food. I also try to do some sort of exercise/physical activity 6-7 days a week. I love swapping food ideas and nutrition tips too.
  • lgrix
    lgrix Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't you rather be health and fit than skinny? Log your food, add exercise or activity and you will lose. It's up to you to stay motivated, you have to want it for yourself.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't you rather be health and fit than skinny? Log your food, add exercise or activity and you will lose. It's up to you to stay motivated, you have to want it for yourself.

Totally agree. I have been down the "desperately need to be skinny" route before and it always ends in failure. This year after having gained 17+ kg I decided not to stress about it but be sensible and conscious of how I was eating and I have now lost 15 kg since March! Feel free to add me :)
  • heather2411
    heather2411 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Igrix & Arrseegee~ Yes, I would love to be fit and healthy but when u diet and exercise for 3 months straight and you step on the scale and nothing has happened it is extremely disappointing. I would also like to be skinnier then I am. :) Thanks for commenting I really appreciate it :)) Have a wonderful and blessed day :))
  • lgrix
    lgrix Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My workouts are generally 2 hours a day, 5 days a week. I eat healthy and log. Although I have not lost weight, I have gained muscle, strength and have lost inches. I have went down a size in clothes. The scale is not the best indicator of fitness.
    I am running a marathon on Sunday so I am not willing to cut down on calories, need some energy stores.

Next week I am going to cut back on the exercise and calories and try to lose some more weight. In doing so, I know I will be losing muscle along with it.

You may be understating your calories or overstating your exercise. The other thing that is key is consistency, every day.