Just starting my journey.......FINALLY!

Options
Hi, my name is Alisha. I am a stay at home mom of 3. After my last kiddo in 2009 I am up 55 pounds and would like to lose it all. I am at 205, but was a 150 before any children. I have a ton of clothes that I would love to get back in to. I have come here hoping to get the motivation I need to keep on track. I have tried many things but just can't seem to stay on track. I go with it for a week or so and then back to my old habits. and it sucks! Bloating is a big issue so could use some ideas on how to get that to stay away. I haven't had pop in a week. I drink water all day and usually have a glass of tea with splenda. Any tips or suggestions would be great. Just looking to talk with people who have the same goals as me.

Replies

• ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Hi Alisha,

You can add me for support. Im a SAHM to two little girls, and I'm also working to get back to my pre pregnancy weight. (13 pounds away, who hoo!). I tend to keep a small friends list because I interact and support everybody.
  • karijoeide
    Options
    Hi Alisha~first of all welcome to MFP! I am so happy that you have made a decision to make time for yourself. As a Mom of 3 children I know it is difficult to juggle it all and still have time for you...make time for you, it will make all the difference for everyone, by the way am still trying to lose my baby weight as well...he is getting married in two weeks....feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • aeikelboom
    aeikelboom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding. I sent you a friends request. It's always nice to have as much support as possible. I found it much easier to lose weight when I was working outside of the home, but now it just isn't working. So trying anything I can without going for other products such as Skinny Fiber or Plexus. I look forward to this journey, now I just have to keep it up.
  • bkyoun
    bkyoun Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You have come to the right place. Measure and track everything you eat and stick to your calorie goals and there is no doubt that you will lose weight. Good luck!
  • Rebekah718
    Rebekah718 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Welcome I think you are making great progress no pop for a week was huge for me I felt like once I made it a whole week the addiction started to get better.
  • kalahd82
    Options
    Hi! I am a SAHM of 3 girls and am trying to get back to my pre-baby weight! Feel free to add me.