What do you find motivating about MFP?

Options
I love that when you complete your food diary, you get a message that if every day were like today, where you would be in 5 weeks. That is motivating. :) I also am liking the new friends I am finding, and getting motivation from their successes. Starting week 3, so far so good!

Replies

• Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I find myself competing all day with my calorie count. I have never been competitive before, but I am with myself. And yes I love seeing where I will be down the road. Cheers Joanne
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm really finding it easy to keep track of my calories. Great database of foods

AND....Great People!!!

I have been on another site that is popular and it is seeming clique-ish and not
    as friendly as MFP. Not bashing, just an observation. They don't have the neat
    tools that MFP has either.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    I love my app, makes it so very easy to not skip anything I am eating, even if I don't have time to record a meal out, i can take a quick pic of it and use that to remind me of what was on my plate when I eat out.

Love the database, even if it has some flaws works better than the three other sites I have tried to use in the past. I have never been a successful logger of cals. before now. It is almost like brushing my teeth in the mornings, I just "DO IT" cause that is what is supposed to happen.

Nice people, a few weirdos but it is easy to block or avoid them.

Love the groups, not as much weirdness going on in those.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Nothing really, it's just a tool to me.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    The other people doing great things and taking their time to help others with real, solid, advice.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I love that when you complete your food diary, you get a message that if every day were like today, where you would be in 5 weeks. That is motivating. :)

Um, it's also a lie, so don't believe it or you'll feel let down.

I love seeing all my friends exercise logs as it inspires me to workout if I'm feeling lazy. The humour on the forums make me giggle alot.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Just watching the weight lost number go up. Doesn't matter whether it's MFP or not. It's just a tool to help me get there.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    All of the beautiful women and people with good physiques/transformation
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Watching others succeed and my MFP friends pushing me. 7 months and going strong! Eat well, train hard, and have fun--->yes we are selling shirts.
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    the people and trying to stay under my calories
  • kenyonl85
    kenyonl85 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    When a few decent people shine through on the threads that are filled with haters.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I so love to see that little graph go down. That is a great feeling!
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    When a few decent people shine through on the threads that are filled with haters.

This too...
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

You're right... Haters are the worst.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I really like all the different type of people that I've become friends with! I love commenting on their day! I think it's motivating just know that each of us have good days and bad days. Sharing daily highs & lows help me so much! I like that I have an app on my phone and on the computer that I can keep up with my day at any time! I am addicted to this site!!!! :bigsmile:
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    What has been the greatest motivation for me, has been finding women my age that are succeeding. I hate to say it, but most overweight 45-50+ women I see in real life, have pretty much given up on ever losing weight. I wasn't ready to give up yet, and finding other women who were succeeding on here, gave me hope for success as well.

ETA the running log in total is pretty motivating as well. I never thought I would be looking at over 400 days in a row! It keeps me coming back every day and plugging along.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    If you're a fan of lifting and what it can do for you, I would highly suggest this thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1102508-mfp-fitspiration

It's so inspirational and has so many posts that it reached the 20-page limit and "rolled" to a new thread, located here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1103771-mfp-fitspiration

The rolled thread is about five pages away from rolling a third time. Check it out with a box of tissues; I guarantee you feels.

401.gif
  • l0l0p
    l0l0p Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    The interaction>> encouraging comments from fellow Mfpals, the jokes, humors, subtle sarcasm to name a few!:drinker:
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I love the ability to plan. I plan the next days food every night. I already know I'm going out to dinner on Saturday night and what I'm ordering. I've already plugged in those calories and then planned what I'll eat the rest of the day to make sure I stay within my calorie count. No more standing in front of the fridge trying to figure out what to eat or ending up with 75 left calories for dinner.