3 Day Diet/Military Diet

Options
13»

Replies

• nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options

There isn't a fourth day to this diet. After day 3 you go back to normal.

You go back to normal (2000cal) for 4 days, then you repeat the 3 days. You do this for as long as you want to keep losing weight. If you reach your goal weight, you can continue the 3 days the same, but up the calories on the other 4 days. Its a great way lose and maintain IMO.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Plenty of food in boot camp, it's completely wrongly named.
  • getlost13
    Options
    and why is it called the "military diet?"
    Because the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man was a sailor, and he could only last 3 days on this diet.
    300px-Stay-puft-marshmallow-man.jpg

So...
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    a few women at my work are doing this. Its really humorous to hear them talk about how the foods have to interact to make you lose weight or some **** lol.

some have had very good success. It only works because of the huge calorie restrict on the diet days.

My only real objection to it is that it doesn't teach you how to eat normally.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Plenty of food in boot camp, it's completely wrongly named.
    oh i know, its got nothing to do with the military, no idea where that comes from
  • m6rg0
    m6rg0 Posts: 1
    Options
    can sugar be taken with coffee on the 3 day diet? also, when cooking the meat or veggie, can oil be used?

thanks!
  • Pidgeywendy
    Pidgeywendy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    lol Yes, it must be doing the rounds again, as someone asked me about it the other day:

Friend - 'Have you heard of this three day diet?'

Me - 'Yes...that's how I lost over 80lbs'

Friend - 'WOW - really??!!!'

Me - (walking away) 'Yeah, really....'

:explode:
  • leesa1971
    Options
    OK so I did the 3 Day Military Diet,,, PERFECTLY!!!!!
    I honestly lost 1 lb????
    what the heck happened........
    Although I didnt excercise (because I was too weak and it noted that exercise not totally needed)
    I did however eat exactly what was on the plan and no more!!!
    I dont get it...
    I did however do the Cabbage Soup Diet a week prior and lost 6 lbs, so is my body freaked out???
    Also I am on Phentermine to help with appetite.
    So am I going overboard or what?
    I guess I am just so determined and desperate.....
    I lost a total of 10 lbs in the last 3 weeks which I am very proud and that is the healthy way to lose... so I am fine I just dont get it I heard people losing up to 7 lbs on the Military DIet???
    Uggggggg what a waste of time.... stupid saltine crackers and hot dogs I dont even eat that crap normally
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    OK so I did the 3 Day Military Diet,,, PERFECTLY!!!!!
    I honestly lost 1 lb????
    what the heck happened........
    Although I didnt excercise (because I was too weak and it noted that exercise not totally needed)
    I did however eat exactly what was on the plan and no more!!!
    I dont get it...
    I did however do the Cabbage Soup Diet a week prior and lost 6 lbs, so is my body freaked out???
    Also I am on Phentermine to help with appetite.
    So am I going overboard or what?
    I guess I am just so determined and desperate.....
    I lost a total of 10 lbs in the last 3 weeks which I am very proud and that is the healthy way to lose... so I am fine I just dont get it I heard people losing up to 7 lbs on the Military DIet???
    Uggggggg what a waste of time.... stupid saltine crackers and hot dogs I dont even eat that crap normally

They're ALL a waste of time.

Just eat at a moderate deficit. Log accurately and honestly. And be patient.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • _karyn_
    _karyn_ Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is an old post, but I came across it today. I read about this diet after seeing it pinned all over pinterest. I laughed so hard when I got to the part where it tells you to have hot dogs for dinner. HOT DOGS!

Also you know something is fishy when one of the FAQ's on the "diet's" own website says NO YOU WON'T JUST LOSE WATER WEIGHT OR STARVE