Juicing and Meals

Options
Does anyone here do the juicing thing? What about those frozen healthy choice, lean cuisine type meals?

Replies

• Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    75% of my daily diet is from frozen diet meals. i dont care about the processed food end of the world your going to die from sodium crowd... i lost almost 100 pounds in 11 months eating these, my health is awesome, all my labs are perfect, and i feel like a teenager again! i buy whatever meals are on sale, and dress them up with my own fresh veggies. im pretty much at maintenance now, however, i really like some of those meals, so i am still eating them... just trying to take off a final 5 pounds. good luck to you, you can definately do it!
  • narwhalpr
    narwhalpr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    75% of my daily diet is from frozen diet meals. i dont care about the processed food end of the world your going to die from sodium crowd... i lost almost 100 pounds in 11 months eating these, my health is awesome, all my labs are perfect, and i feel like a teenager again! i buy whatever meals are on sale, and dress them up with my own fresh veggies. im pretty much at maintenance now, however, i really like some of those meals, so i am still eating them... just trying to take off a final 5 pounds. good luck to you, you can definately do it!

I am glad to hear this, sometimes my meals will end up over the amount of recommended sodium than my minimum and I worried a lot. Also people talking about processed food is not good for you, yada, yada. But this ease my worries, thank you for sharing!
  • MrsTerriLong
    MrsTerriLong Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Same with me, I worry about having these for every meal. I think I may give it a go.
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I do green smoothies every day and love it. I use to do meals like lean cuisine, but now I avoid them. Not because of the sodium, but because they are a little too processed for me. For the longest time I would focus on just counting calories instead of giving my body the nutrients it actually needs to function properly. As a result I would loose the weight, but most of the time it would just come back. So I am all about whole foods. Plus you can prepare meals like that for yourself ahead of time and it will be much cheaper in the long run.
  • MrsTerriLong
    Options
    Right now I do a juice or smoothie everyday (pint), lemon water first thing in the morning, at the least 4 pints of water a day, and I have an evening frozen meal with steamed veggies. I snack on up to 2 ounces of mixed seeds and/or nuts, fresh fruit, veggies, etc...

I feel myself getting really hungry and thought maybe I should add another meal.
  • renatewolfe
    renatewolfe Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I don't juice for a few reasons. One - I'd rather eat my calories. Two - I don't want the mess of cleaning up a blender. Three - it takes longer to juice, and I need quick meals in the am and at lunch. Four - I am generally not a picky eater, but I CAN NOT drink anything green. Looks like snot to me. Many juice recipes involve some veggie that turns the drink green. I can EAT green things, I just can't drink them. I will occasionally make a fruit smoothie, but it can't be green, LOL! However, many have had success with juicing and more power to you if it works.

I do occasionally buy frozen lean Cuisine or Weight Watcher's meals, for those occasions when I still have to pick up a night shift, because the cafeteria at the hospital I work at is closed at night. I will supplement the meal with some veggies, a yogurt and a piece of fruit.

I do still stop at fast food places 2-3 times a week, after a long 12 hour day shift when I know I won't feel like cooking or even dirtying up a plate. However, I have familiarized myself with the menus and nutrition/calorie counts of the restaurants I frequent, so that I can make healthy choices. You can look them up online, and MFP also has lots of calorie counts for fast food restaurants for those who need to rely on fast food from time to time.

If your food diary isn't open for your friends to see, open it up so that we can get ideas from you and give you ideas. I get lots of ideas from looking at diaries. Feel free to look at mine for inspiration whenever you want, (or maybe to find out what NOT to eat, LOL!)

For me, loosing weight is important, but I can't stick to a diet if I'm not eating good food that tastes great as well as being healthy. The Yum factor is really important to me.
  • MrsTerriLong
    Options
    Changing things up for a bit to see what happens. I will still have my juice, i love using my juicer and i love the juices, green, orange, red, all colors! I am now going to add not 1 but 2 frozen meals, one for lunch with steamed veggies and a smaller one for dinner with veggies or a salad. I will snack on fruit and veggies and knock my nuts down to less than an ounce. I will open my food diary after I fill it in. I have a spreadsheet of my own I use but will fill this one in for others to see.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    YEP!
    FOR SURE!
    I JUICE BOOZE!
    YUM!
  • amazon62goddess
    amazon62goddess Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I juice everyday...I have an extractor and I absolutely love it.

I typically use:

kale
    spinach,
    lemons
    oranges
    apples
    carrots
    cliantro or parsely
    another fruit such as papaya or pineapple.

I don't do the Lean Cuisine things because I have cut processed foods from my diet.

Good luck to you no matter what you do!