I RAN!

Options
Ever see the internet meme that goes something like "If you see me running, you should probably run too, because it means something is chasing me!"? Well, yeah, that was me. That mentality coupled with serious health issues and multiple hospitalizations over the last year put me in a spot where I could not walk, slowly, for more than 20 minutes without exhaustion. Bad spot to be in.

Fast forward to last night, during my nightly walk on the beach. I have worked my way up over the past 6 months to being able to walk 3 miles a night...and something came over me last night. I just took off running, well, ok fine, jogging is what a real runner would call it. Oxygen tank bouncing off my hip, and who cares! I was running!! For a whole two minutes!! I am sure I was quite the comical sight, but damn it I am proud of myself.

:drinker:

Replies

• Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic, you should be proud of yourself :)
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It meant a lot to me....more than I thought it ever would.
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    That is sooo awesome!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I know what an accomplishment this is for you! Keep it going you are doing incredible! major inspiration to me!
  • steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Brilliant - 2 minutes is better than me when I first started and I had no serious health issues - well done on building up to it. Running slowly and awkwardly is still running and it still counts (I tell myself that every time I run).
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    Options
    jwhited71 YOU are an inspiration to me!!! And Steve2kay, I am just going to keep telling myself that!!!
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! It doesn't matter how you look while doing it. Keep it up!
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep going.
  • Michelle_dirtracer
    Options
    Amazing story! Keep it up. I started out running for 1 min or so and now can run 40 mins straight.
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Do you know what you are now? A RUNNER!

Go forth and enjoy :)
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    "If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run." ~John Bingham
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    Options
    Do you know what you are now? A RUNNER!

Go forth and enjoy :)

You, literally, just made my entire day!
  • Idka81
    Idka81 Posts: 42
    Options
    And it's only the beginning. Amazing job! :flowerforyou:
  • AisforAmazing19
    Options
    When I started running I could only manage 30 seconds at a time! You are outstanding! Congrats!
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is a huge deal, you should be so proud of yourself. I used to say I wouldn't run even if the cops were chasing me, and now I jog 4 days a week (5km each run).
    We all have that extra push in us, we just have to patient till it is ready to come out.
    Congrats again!
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    WOW! start taking notes, this is going to be a movie. you need to pitch this script soon. congrats.
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    So I saw the title of this post, and all I could think of was:

AND I RAAAAAAAAAN, I RAN SO FAR AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

ETA: But seriously OP, that's amazing!
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is awesome!! WAY TO GO!!!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I remember that feeling--the first time I ever ran a full mile without stopping or walking, I started crying. I'm so happy for you; I hope you love it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!