Congestive Heart Failure - I thought I was going to die

Options
2»

Replies

• DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    MY GOODNESS!!! Very happy that you are okay!!
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I'm so glad you are feeling better.

I think the lesson here is that when something feels off, its better to get it checked out sooner, rather than later. I think most adults tend to not pay attention to what their bodies are telling them.

I'm happy you were able to get a diagnosis and get well. Take care of yourself!
  • ChristyG3030
    Options
    This is something I needed to read today. I don't know you but I'm very glad that you are OK.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Glad you are safe and healthy now! It's amazing how you can take care of yourself, or think you do, but something so scary can almost kill you.

PS - I also working in business telephone systems and services :) We dabble in internet, but mainly voice services :happy:
  • shuffy09
    shuffy09 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have been contemplating writing a post of my own experiences for the past few days. It is difficult to bring all that up in the air, but I guess once it is there it is there. Diseases of the Heart are the number one killer in both men and woman. Like you said, you were healthy and didn't think about it. Everyone should be living a heart healthy life style. Heart failures, attacks and others do not happen just because someone is elderly, male, nonathletic, smoker, drinks or whatever other stereotypes you may think of.

I am a 22 year old female and I have congenital heart failure, a mitrovalve replacement and a defibrillator. Heart conditions are tough, but it makes us amazing and strong! I have lived a healthy lifestyle, but my condition causes me to gain weight and take medication that does the same. Do not let your heart condition stop you from pushing through.

Dream Big! Wishing you all the best!
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Very happy you are okay! This is a reminder to everyone, you know your body and when something seems wrong please take that step and see and doctor and push that doctor for answers and help in healing.

Take care!
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I think you may have just helped me ... I will gain and lose between 20 to 40 lbs of just water ... my ankles have swollen so bad that they have busted open when bumped. I swell from head to toe. I take 80 mg of lasix twice a day and still I retain so much water. I cant breathe and over the past 3 days I have been like a walking zombie. By the time I make it from my car to my desk my chest hurts so bad and I cant catch my breath. I just want to sleep all the time I'm so drained. i feel like I'm drowning . I have a cough all of the sudden that wont go away and I have not smoked in almost a year. I am definitely going to see about having an echo done. I have had 2 MI's in the past but my doctor is not the best in the world.... Seriously thank you for sharing this .. It is pretty scary and I'm glad that you are ok!!!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I think you may have just helped me ... I will gain and lose between 20 to 40 lbs of just water ... my ankles have swollen so bad that they have busted open when bumped. I swell from head to toe. I take 80 mg of lasix twice a day and still I retain so much water. I cant breathe and over the past 3 days I have been like a walking zombie. By the time I make it from my car to my desk my chest hurts so bad and I cant catch my breath. I just want to sleep all the time I'm so drained. i feel like I'm drowning . I have a cough all of the sudden that wont go away and I have not smoked in almost a year. I am definitely going to see about having an echo done. I have had 2 MI's in the past but my doctor is not the best in the world.... Seriously thank you for sharing this .. It is pretty scary and I'm glad that you are ok!!!

Gabby definitely get it done. It was the difference between what my other doctors said and what this doctor did. It SAVED my life. Also my mom was in the shape you were in. She started by walking 30 minutes a day. Now at 71 she walks 5-15 miles a day!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Very scary. Huge kick in the booty get moving the second act is starting.
  • mkmitch3
    mkmitch3 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thankfully you did the right thing. CHF has been an issue with me for a long time. Had a defib put in as a precautionary measure as none of my arteries can be stented or bypassed any longer. It's all about attitude, lead a healthy life and do as much exercise as you can. I am doing hour on the treadmill every day and its helps me enormously.
  • Bankman1989
    Options
    Take care. My father has just been diagnosed with congestive heart failure. It's it for sissies.

It isn't for sissies! Sorry about the typo.

LMAO! I figured it was a typo. And I am glad your father isn't a sissy and hopes he feels better!
  • Bankman1989
    Options
    Soooo glad you're ok!!!! Makes one realize the "important" things on life. God is good and has blessed you! Still praying my friend! :flowerforyou:
    Thank you Bethany! it was scary and I am glad God brought me thru! I know that I still have a long ways to go but I feel a 1000 times better. I still have pains in my rib cage like at 2am this morning, but I am taking my meds and eating as healthy as possible.