• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing

Very helpful
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    The idea behind why women should do strength training is great, but the routine is a joke. Whether lifting weights or doing bodyweight exercises, you get more bang for your buck with full body compound moves. A beginner slaving away at calf raises and bicep curls is pretty pointless and while I agree you should always start with a low weight to get the proper form down first, there is no real advice on how to find the right weight once you do learn the form or progressive increases. All in all, not an article
    I would recommend. It's basically another fluff "toning" routine designed for women who are afraid of "bulking up".
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    The idea behind why women should do strength training is great, but the routine is a joke. Whether lifting weights or doing bodyweight exercises, you get more bang for your buck with full body compound moves. A beginner slaving away at calf raises and bicep curls is pretty pointless and while I agree you should always start with a low weight to get the proper form down first, there is no real advice on how to find the right weight once you do learn the form or progressive increases. All in all, not an article
    I would recommend. It's basically another fluff "toning" routine designed for women who are afraid of "bulking up".

Lol, I was going to say... the routine is pretty weak...
  • MrsH2132012
    MrsH2132012 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    All in all, not an article

^^ this

Jamie Eason LiveFit is way better than this if you want a "girly" routine
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    women should train like like men should train.

You're gender is largerly irrelevent to how your body comes out the other side- yes men will build gains faster- and see more muscle sooner- but ultimately how MUCH you eat will dictate your growth.

You want a serious lifting program- pick lifting program- not some 'women's fittness' flimflam
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    All in all, not an article

^^ this

Jamie Eason LiveFit is way better than this if you want a "girly" routine

Um... not to be rude but that's not a very good program either.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/560459-stronglifts-5x5-summary
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I like the attitude, in trying to get women off the 100% cardio programmes, and lifting some weights.

However, I do think the program is pretty poor. It would benefit greatly from some of the main compound lifts IMO and especially as a beginner, total body workouts would most probably give you the most bang for your buck.

Also, as previously mentioned on here, there is no reason why women should train any differently to men. We have the same muscles, and they grow/strengthen in the same way. The only real difference is that men have more testosterone which allows them to build more muscle mass, grow faster, and get stronger. The basic principles behind lifting and results are the same :)