Reality check

Options
Hi there,

I want to know if it's possible for me to get in the same shape i was 10 years ago.

I am a 28 years old women, 5,7 foot and 115 lbs. I want to drop 10 lbs. I am currently on a 1500 calories diet and for exercise i do the 30 Day Shred dvd.

My problem is i can't loose weight. I did get some definition muscles wise, but i still have fat on my abs and thighs and cellulite.

I tried to lower my calories intake but any lower than 1500 i'm starving.

So my question is : considering im pretty skinny now should i just accept the way i look and accept that im older and so this is what my body looks like now or am i doing something wrong ?

also i have a desk job.

thanks!

Replies

• bvincentelp
    bvincentelp Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You are already pretty thin at 115. Lift weights and eat more. The little amount of flab you have will melt off and soon you will have a nice toned body even better than what you had 10 years ago.
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    You are actually underweight for your statistics, so why would you want to lose more weight?

I'd guess that a lot of people here would suggest eating more, strength training and gaining muscle to change definition moreso, but by no means losing anymore weight.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Don't lose any more weight. You are already considered underweight, I believe.

Eat at maintenance (Google TDEE Calculator to figure this out), and take up lifting/strength training.

You can search for Stronglifts 5x5 which is a good beginner's program. Losing more weight will likely not make you happy with the actual composition of your body- eating enough food + strength training will probably give you the results you want, body-comp wise.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Since you are under weight, you are just unhappy with your body composition. If anything you should look to add some muscle. This will help you get a leaner body if that is what you want. If you look at photo's of staci, you can see what I mean. But a couple of bulk/cut cycles will give you much better results than what you are doing now.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • LaMaisonJeka
    Options
    No honey, please dont lose anymore weight. You are a 5'7 28 year old woman. Your stature requires more weight, your body is holding on to that fat that it needs. If you want to tone up your body, you should increase your calorie and protein intake and lift weight and lift heavy. That is the only true way to reduce fat percentage and be healthy. Please feel free to message me for any support.
  • nephalime
    nephalime Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for you output.

I will definitely try strength training and eat more and see what happens. Im so happy i get to eat more, :)

I thought maybe i had to eat less since MFP was set on 1200 calories when i entered my infos on my profile and i change it for 1500.

if i eat more + strength training i guess i will weight more on the balance but my body will look better and that what counts the most for me, i really just want to get rid of my flabs.

thanks again !
  • nephalime
    nephalime Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Stacy's body is exactly what i want to look like!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Stacy's body is exactly what i want to look like!

Set your account to maintain. If you lift you will start to see some composition changes. But you really need to do a bulk phase to get the results that staci did. But if you work on getting a weight training program and your diet down you can then work on a bulk phase.

Also, look at the gaining weight section. Lots of good stories of women adding muscle and improving their body even by adding 5 or 10 lbs. Its hard to believe gaining weight improves your look but it can.
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 babies.. my oldest is 5 and my youngest is 11 months..and well you see my picture. Hard work pays off. It doesn't happen over night you just have to be consistent!
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I agree with strength training also.. Started lifting in June and that's what I've seen the most changes from.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Weight training is the only way you are going to change body composition. Eat to maintenance and hit the weight room and have some patience.