first 10k done!

Options
TammyK777
TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
I finished my first 10k this morning! walked most, jogged some. official time was 1:58:31. out of 3903 I finished 3895. happy with the time, happy that I finished, especially with it being my first and not training like I should have. but I do have the motivation now to get faster

in April I walked a 5k in 1:05:20, so this pace was an awesome improvement!

Replies

• RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    very proud of you, I know how hard that can be. As for my self, I haven't been able to do a full 10K even walking. My poor feet just give out. I have gotten up to 5 miles, so am getting close.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    You ROCK!! Congratulations!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Chipperoo23
    Options
    WOW! That's so awesome! Congrats!
  • TammyK777
    Options
    thanks everyone! not as sore today is I thought I would be :smile:
  • gunnarpalm
    gunnarpalm Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great job! I did my first 10k in August...Keep up the great progress!
  • reneeb82
    Options
    That is awesome.
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    You should be so proud of yourself! Awesome job!
  • pines2palms
    Options
    GREAT JOB! I am excited for you-with getting faster and doing better! So, in terms of miles, how long is a 10k?
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Fantastic achievement! You should be feeling amazing.. :flowerforyou:

Hi pines2palms...10 k is approximately 6.2 miles :flowerforyou:
  • TammyK777
    Options
    a lllooonngg 6.2 :laugh:

I feel amazing and proud, yet really sore (its gotten worse as the day goes on). up-ing my water and stretching a bunch today!

Next... going to start training to RUN a 5k (3.1 miles) in January. :noway:

Oh and on Saturday, I had to go get new exercise pants... and ended up getting a Large... which is SO exciting because the last pair of pants I bought were a 1X!!! :smile:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    amazing gf! Keep going!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    a lllooonngg 6.2 :laugh:

I feel amazing and proud, yet really sore (its gotten worse as the day goes on). up-ing my water and stretching a bunch today!

Next... going to start training to RUN a 5k (3.1 miles) in January. :noway:

Oh and on Saturday, I had to go get new exercise pants... and ended up getting a Large... which is SO exciting because the last pair of pants I bought were a 1X!!! :smile:

Yes, drink plenty of water and have a long soak in a nice bath...get someone to give you a nice massage...afterall, you have done a fantastic thing!!

You will have no problem with the run in January...remember you dont have to RUN it all...even if you walk inbetween, you have still ran a 5k. A few months ago, I couldn't run at all and can now manage5 miles in about an hour!...this is with brief intervals of walking inbetween...

You've made me want to start running again...how fantastic is that? :flowerforyou: see, true inspiration xx
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    That is fantastic! I completed my first 5K on Saturday and know just how proud you feel. We are making progress for a lifetime!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!