bad diet = bad mood

Options
Whenever I have an unhealthy day or I go over my calories, it makes me have a bad day. It like totally ruins my mood. Anyone else out there like this?

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Nope. Nobody does it perfectly. The moment after you "goof" is a new moment--start from there and move on.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Nah! I'm going 700 calories over today, gonna eat and drink and enjoy every bite/drop of it :wink:

As SLLRunner said, no one does it perfectly and if you slip, get back up and keep going
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    No. Alas, I'm just an *kitten* on the daily. I wish I could blame my diet.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I went over because I ate ice cream yesterday. The ice cream put me in an awesome mood. :happy:
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Whenever I have an unhealthy day or I go over my calories, it makes me have a bad day. It like totally ruins my mood. Anyone else out there like this?

No, why would I ?
    I decide to eat something that I consider to be unhealthy and I also decide to go over on calories, no one ties me to a chair and force feeds me. And since it's my decision, I have no reason to have a bad day.
    I don't even understand the concept.
  • Lemmynade
    Lemmynade Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Only if what I ate wasn't worth it (as in, boring/gross/unsatisfying foods). Some things are totally worth the extra calories, and it's just a day. As long as most of your days are healthy, a bad day won't hurt anything.

Especially beer. Beer makes me happy when I go over.

:drinker:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Only if what I ate wasn't worth it (as in, boring/gross/unsatisfying foods). Some things are totally worth the extra calories, and it's just a day. As long as most of your days are healthy, a bad day won't hurt anything.

Especially beer. Beer makes me happy when I go over.

:drinker:

Amen to that. :drinker:
  • KittiesSong
    Options
    poor food choices do effect my mood but only because I have a lot of sensitivities and food can make my tummy mad which effects my mood. That said, I used to get really upset when I'd go over until I looked at my net calorie intake over time. I realized it was all balancing out in the end and I was still at a deficit so I'll still lose. Plus I slowly started to realize that food wasn't something to get emotional over... just work it off later and enjoy!
  • AKEBONOJR
    Options
    As of late, I have been better about not beating myself up if I slip but it still bums me out like crazy when I cave in and eat a sandwich and potato chips or indulge on pizza. I used to binge eat to deal with my depression and all it would do is make me feel worse. I can relate to your feelings.
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    There are links between mood and what foods you eat, but what you are describing is more to do with your mindset for perfection. There are studies that show a somewhat more flexible attitude is helpful during and post dieting. It might be a good idea to try to learn to cut yourself some slack once in a while if this is common.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    It can definitely get me in a bad mood if I haven't eaten healthy all day and am off my macros. This happened to me on a family trip and it took all my strength not to haul off and swat someone. Now I make sure to carry my own food and not rely on someone else who brought their own definition of "healthy" food. I usually don't get in a bad mood if I just went over a bit due to a small indulgence like an ice cream or a beer.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Was 550 calories over yesterday and had one of the greatest days in a long time - so no.

There are more important things than being a number and being under or over it.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Only if it's like a crazy binge.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I feel amazing when I eat a big fatty meal.