quantity vs quality

Options
CrystalDreams
CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
I was talking to a woman who is trying to lose weight. "i eat less and less but it makes me want to eat more" My trick was eating more healthy things. I mix two eggs with 4 handfuls of mixed veggies. Its a massive amount of food. It fills me more than three or four eggs could. I mix vegetables with berries and chocolate protein into a smoothie. I sometimes add oatmeal. People comment how I am always eating. But I am losing weight. This method has worked for me.

But eating less has also worked... but but for me it usually ended with a month long binge session of Chinese fast food, and everything else money can buy. I have changed my way of looking at food. Its fuel and nutrition for my body and organs. Even though eating fried chicken would be delicious and emotionally satisfying, it wouldn't fuel my body correctly.

I want other view points, I know my way is unique to me but I want to learn about other peoples view points on ways of losing weight that are or have worked for them.

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't fried chicken fuel your body correctly? Do you have problems digesting the breading, oil, skin, or what?
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I also eat like you do, CrystalDreams. I also try to find substitutes if I crave something less than healthy. For example, I drink a lot of seltzer water in place of pop, eat MorningStar Original Chik'n Patties and oven fries instead of a fried chicken sandwich, eat a baked sweet potato if I crave a doughnut and so on. I love junk food, but it makes me feel terrible and wouldn't be helping me any since my family has high instances of heart disease. It's so much better for me to just find a healthy alternative.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't fried chicken fuel your body correctly? Do you have problems digesting the breading, oil, skin, or what?

I would make me feel sick. I have portion control issues when it comes to fatty salty deliciousness.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I try to adopt the quality attitude..

When I was actively binging it was quantity.
This discussion has been closed.