Sugar Intake

Options
Does anyone else have issues with meeting your sugar intake goal? Everyday it seems I go over...

Replies

• Kariensgoal
    Options
    YES its very hard. just keep trying though it does get easier
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    It has an LD50 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_lethal_dose) of 29,700 mg/kg so be careful.

Just take it out of your diary unless you have a health issue.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    as long as you are you a calorie deficit, no need to worry about it...
  • vinzorelli
    Options
    Keep your fiber at 15g per 1000 calories and you won't have to worry about sugar. Fiber helps keep blood glucose under control. I don't actively watch my sugar intake. Out of 360g of daily carbs some days I'll have 60g sugar other days I'll have 150g.
  • Kariensgoal
    Options
    You're suppose to eat fresh fruit but when I do my sugar intake goes up significantly...a banana has 20 grams alone...even if I only eat 1/2 banana I am almost half way through my sugar for the day. What do you do?
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    You're suppose to eat fresh fruit but when I do my sugar intake goes up significantly...a banana has 20 grams alone...even if I only eat 1/2 banana I am almost half way through my sugar for the day. What do you do?
    You take the sugar column out of your diary settings and ignore it.
    Meet your macro (carbs/fats/protein), and micro nutrient(vitamins and minerals) goals, and stick to your deficit.
    Sugar is just a carb and can fill the gaps after getting the important fats and proteins.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    You take the sugar column out of your diary settings and ignore it.
    Meet your macro (carbs/fats/protein), and micro nutrient(vitamins and minerals) goals, and stick to your deficit.
    Sugar is just a carb and can fill the gaps after getting the important fats and proteins.

this + 1
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options

you delete the sugar column from your food tracker and then eat the other half of the banana :wink: Unless you have a medical problem there's no reason to worry about going over on sugar.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Avoid banana ? it's the highest sugar/starch fruit.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1017237-so-what-s-with-this-sugar-then-faq