Hit my goal today!

Options
Well today was the day I hit my arbitrary 30 lb weight loss goal. I wanted to share what works for me ... I began mfp in May while my husband was in the hospital for open heart surgery. I sat there in the waiting room thinking how our " eat whatever looks good" lifestyle helped land him there. To pass the hours, I opened a magazine and saw an article about My FitnessPal. I joined on my iPhone right then& there. And my journey began. My hubby pulled through, and he is a success story. We changed our lives - following a heart healthy diet of low fat/ cholesterol and low sodium choices. I have used mfp these past 5months and incorporate our healthy heart choices, losing 30 lbs and 3 clothing sizes. Hubby is down about 30 Lbs, too , and is getting stronger everyday. We are now healthy and continuing to make good eating& exercise choices every day. Oh - and I do enjoy my wine. I just log everything that goes into my body. Ok that's it! Sorry for the long post. I can offer this for new mfp - ers: stick with it , take your time, your goals will be realized. And always listen to your body!

Replies

• TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :drinker:

Glad the hubby is doing better as well!!
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Very nice!!! :happy: Way to go! Huge Congrats to you...and your hubby!!! Best of luck!! :drinker:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both of you! May you be blessed with many more healthy years together!
  • Maisylouise2
    Maisylouise2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Aww- thanks:) we both realize that if THAT didn't change your life(and lifestyle choices) what will?!? Good luck to you, too!
  • HandyASH
    HandyASH Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and your hubby!!!!
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you and your hubby! Glad that hubby has recovered nicely.
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your journey to health...
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and the hubs.
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss *and* the improving health of your husband!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!