Mega T-Green Tea Water Weight Pill...BAD..BAD...BAD!!

Options
I took this for the 2nd time today and I should've learned my lesson from the first time about a month ago....I have been sick all day with being so jittery, heavy sweats, dizziness, diarrhea, stomach cramps, etc....The first time I took it I felt weird too, I had a lot of trouble sleeping and had such a rapid heartbeat and just and overall strage feeling. But not nearly as bad as today. I had to come home from work and lay in bed the rest of the day. I thought last time it just felt strange just because of the caffeine that was in it, and not something i'm used to, and I thought if I took the 2 pills in the morning, like i did today, it wouldn't bother me.
I thought it would be something ok to take since it was "drug free" and was just made with natural ingredients. I thought it could help during that time of the month, but it has only made feel like I got ran over by a truck!
Has anyone else ever tried this and had the same trouble?

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I have taken them before, and if I take them on a completely empty stomach, I feel pretty much the same way. I also get that way just with vitamins, I have to have something in my stomach. Had you ate anything at all before taken these?
  • Katie0429
    Options
    I learned that some pills like that are prepared with other chemicals that can rev up your heart rate, and hge amounts of green tea can cause GI distress, which would account for the runs and the cramps. These can cause you to lose essential vitamins and minerals, so I don't recommend them. Why lose water weight anyway? Your body needs that water...
    Anyway, I literally just learned about these kinds of diet supplement is a college nutrition class, so there's my learning in a nutshell. Feel better! :)
  • cardboardboxes
    cardboardboxes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You've probably heard this before, but... I stay away from ALL sorts of "diet" pills. If there were actually one that worked and was healthy, people would know! Doctors would prescribe it, it would be in the news, and there would be a lot more "skinny" people out there. I just try to remember that thought when I'm tempted to try anything that professes to help you lose any kind of weight. They tend to cause a lot more damage than good (phen-phen, etc.).

You can totally do this just by eating right and exercising!! And good job with the 5lbs lost! :)
  • wildcats4ever
    Options
    Thanks for your help ladies...I have learned my lesson and threw them all away!
  • Charlie001
    Options
    The brand u use may not be right for u. Reade the label to make sure it is "camellia sinensis" . I use the brand "NOW" green tea extract and never had the gitters or any other problem. I buy it off of suppliment websites.
  • Charlie001
    Options
    If you want to try some natual things that do help. Not a miricle cure for skinniness, but will increase your calorie burning, try coconut oil. Lots of research supports it. L- Carnitine is also really good to use. It also does not have any side effects. Try those two things. But do your own research first, I am not a dr.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I think the Mega T water weight pill must be significantly different from their fat burning supplement. I have been using the fat burner for several months now with no bad side effects and maybe some good effects. I can't be sure, of course, because diet is the most important part of weight loss, but I have not been successful limiting portions before I started using the Mega T.

Maybe it is just a psychological crutch, but it is working for me.
  • patrikhs
    Options
    Omg I took one this morning and I'm really scare. I feel rapidly heart beating and sometimes difficulty to breath. I'm droning a lot of water and hoping to feel better. I also took my blood pressure and is not bad. If someone have suggestions please go ahead.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with drinking some real green tea? You get the health benefits and the diuretic properties without all the harsh side effects.