Belly Flab from baby

Options
So, I know many mom's deal with it.. but how do we get rid of it. I've lost all the baby weight and continue to work out.. but I just can't figure out how to get rid of the belly flab.

I was the lucky one that has the stretch marks too and boy oh boy what I'd give to wear a 2 piece again. And honestly.. the stretch marks aren't what bother me the most.. its the ungodly site of my stomach.

How do mom's get it flat again?? Please tell me there's a light at the end of this tunnel and plastic surgery isn't the only answer!!!??

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    The only thing you can do is lose weight and/or reduce your body fat percentage until you are satisfied with the appearance of your stomach.

Strength training (especially compound lifts/movements) will help with this. Ab workouts will not spot reduce your midsection, despite advertising claims to do so. There are also no special foods or pills that reduce belly fat.
  • smp0723
    smp0723 Posts: 88
    Options
    I haven't lost all the weight but my stomach gets flabbier and flabbier the more I work out. I'm sure the muscle underneath is why-it's all toned--I would be hot if the excess fat would disappear! LOL

The stretch marks are my tiger stripes--giving birth to my 9lb 3oz amazing son was totally worth it!
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Strength training has helped mine a lot. Helped with the first baby abd helping now post second baby.