Weight loss stopped!! Sad

Options
Im in a 1200 cal diet eating meals not actually healthy and not that bad i started on july 22 about 161 lbs and now im 136 i'e been exercising almost everyday without rest because my exercise is just 30 mins a day doing zumba not eating exercise calories back because im not getting hungry on 1200 cal everthing fine but now im not loosing any weight im 5'6 and im not fat before just gain my weight 161lbs when i get pregnant... I want to get back to 120 lbs i need to lose 16 lbs more but how i can't change my meals because it's for us i don't know what to do it stops!!

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Run on sentence much.

Open your diary.
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Are you pregnant?
  • No im not i gained 40 lbs when i get pregnant 4 years before but im 136 lbs now and i stopped loosing,
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You're already at a very healthy weight. Concentrate on fitness and don't worry so much about the number on the scale
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    your worried to much about weight. You need to eat more food and focus more on getting bigger harder muscles, don't worry about your weight. You are already at a healthy weight, could even gain some.
  • goodnamegone
    Options
    Eat healthy! Let that be your priority. Maybe you're not doing anything wrong either. All the best.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    How long has it stopped for? Weight loss isn't linear, so you won't necessarily see a loss every week,

Also, MFP gives you a calorie goal based on the assumption that you will eat back exercise calories, so if you're using MFP's calorie goal (rather than a customised TDEE- x% method), why not try doing it the way it's designed to work? Calorie burns can be overestimated, especially if relying on the MFP exercise database, so maybe try eating 2/3 of them back and see how you get on. 1200 calories a day is very low for most people, especially if you're exercising on top of that, and especially if you're not obese. Am I right in thinking you've ticked the box to lose 2 lbs a week also? If so, you might see better results if you aim for a slower rate of loss, as 2 lbs a week is more realistic/sustainable for people with a lot more to lose than you have.

right now, you're well within the healthy weight range for your height, and aiming for the lower end, so you're not going to see results on the scale fast. At least, not if you're doing it right (losing fat and not lean mass). At this point, consider putting less emphasis on the number on the scale and focusing more on body composition.

ETA: one last thing, you're 21 and aiming for a weight that you were at 17? Bear in mind that your body may still have been growing at that point, and it may not be realistic to aim to be that same weight now you are an adult.
  • How long has it stopped for? Weight loss isn't linear, so you won't necessarily see a loss every week,

Also, MFP gives you a calorie goal based on the assumption that you will eat back exercise calories, so if you're using MFP's calorie goal (rather than a customised TDEE- x% method), why not try doing it the way it's designed to work? Calorie burns can be overestimated, especially if relying on the MFP exercise database, so maybe try eating 2/3 of them back and see how you get on. 1200 calories a day is very low for most people, especially if you're exercising on top of that, and especially if you're not obese. Am I right in thinking you've ticked the box to lose 2 lbs a week also? If so, you might see better results if you aim for a slower rate of loss, as 2 lbs a week is more realistic/sustainable for people with a lot more to lose than you have.

right now, you're well within the healthy weight range for your height, and aiming for the lower end, so you're not going to see results on the scale fast. At least, not if you're doing it right (losing fat and not lean mass). At this point, consider putting less emphasis on the number on the scale and focusing more on body composition.

ETA: one last thing, you're 21 and aiming for a weight that you were at 17? Bear in mind that your body may still have been growing at that point, and it may not be realistic to aim to be that same weight now you are an adult.

Yes its been 2 weeks i havent loosing i will now eat my exercise calories now i have a kid so i can't extend my exercise yah when im 17 i weight 120 lbs and that time i don't care about foods but when my husband and i get married we eat all the time thats why i get into 161 lbs in 4 years i carry the 40 pounds , do i need to change my exercise its zumba and i lose 25 lbs doing that everyday with 1200 cal diet , there's no gym here in our town and i cant go outside i can only workout at home thanks..
  • Thank you everyone i hope i can get thru this plateau ...
  • Littlestandrews
    Littlestandrews Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You've lost a good amount of weight in less than 3 full months. 25 pounds is great. I would keep doing what you're doing. You might be retaining water. Give yourself a few more weeks before you weigh in again.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear and the closer you get to your goal, the slower it is. I regularly go 2 weeks with no loss, then "lose" 3-5lbs on the third week. Give it some time and don't worry. If you go another 2 weeks with no results, THEn consider changing things up.
  • candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    Start tracking your menstrual cycle. I go for 2 week plateau's EVERY MONTH and then lose 4 lbs overnight.
  • Start tracking your menstrual cycle. I go for 2 week plateau's EVERY MONTH and then lose 4 lbs overnight.

i ended my period this day my period lasted a week but last week i didn't loose anything but last mont i had period my weight loss doen't stop unlike now ...
  • LeanneGoingThin
    LeanneGoingThin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    That means you're eating at maintenance. As cutting more calories would be unhealthy micronutrient-wise, assuming you count correctly you should try to burn more calories throughout the day by exercise.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I can't understand what you're saying without proper sentences but from what I got, you're not eating anywhere enough with 1200 calories and so much exercise.
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    First of all, you aren't on a plateau. Your weight has to stay exactly the same for at least 4 weeks for that to happen. You are already at a healthy weight for a person 5'6" and your body may not cooperate the way you want it to. Google resistance training and add that to your Zumba. You can lose weight doing cardio but you lose muscle along with fat if you don't do resistance. 120 pounds is an unhealthy goal. Are you in Japan? I know being ultra slim is what the ladies there want but it isn't necessarily healthy.

People, don't be so quick to criticize the English of folks in other countries unless you can write their language perfectly.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    That means you're eating at maintenance. As cutting more calories would be unhealthy micronutrient-wise, assuming you count correctly you should try to burn more calories throughout the day by exercise.

I'm curious as to why you discount water weight and inaccuracies and jump straight to eating at maintennce? Two weeks without a loss, especially around her TOM, is well within the normal water weight fluctuations we can expect to see.
  • First of all, you aren't on a plateau. Your weight has to stay exactly the same for at least 4 weeks for that to happen. You are already at a healthy weight for a person 5'6" and your body may not cooperate the way you want it to. Google resistance training and add that to your Zumba. You can lose weight doing cardio but you lose muscle along with fat if you don't do resistance. 120 pounds is an unhealthy goal. Are you in Japan? I know being ultra slim is what the ladies there want but it isn't necessarily healthy.

People, don't be so quick to criticize the English of folks in other countries unless you can write their language perfectly.

i still feel heavy :( in the 30 mins zumba i was so so tired i really can't increase my workout in that 30 mins i put all my best atleast i need to get to 125 lbs gift for myself and not going to back again if im not gonna loose in 4 weeks that's the time i failed because i can't increase my workout and im a mom busy and my food i can only control deficit but i can't control what types of food i can eat i feel sorry for myself because i can't do exercise more many people noticed me i get slimmer in a short amount of time at home i did some research on how can i loose at home w/o eating too strictly diet and w/o going out on a gym , and i find a way 1200 cal and 30 mins zumba 7x a week i loose all my weight doing that and its so hard! The workout not the food deficit , i eat my exercise calories when im still hungry on 1200 but if not i wont, no im not from japan im from philippines

Sorry about my english im soo shy to post here but i don't have someone to ask about weight loss hope you guys understand my english ...

Thanks
  • Stage14
    Options

You do realize that burning more calories through exercise will have the exact same unhealthy effect as cutting calories under 1200, right? This advice doesn't even make sense.
  • Stage14
    Options

You do realize that burning more calories through exercise will have the exact same unhealthy effect as cutting calories under 1200, right? This advice doesn't even make sense.