New to Fitness Pal.

Options
Hi, new to fitness pal. Just started this past week. I'm looking into losing weight and changing to better eating habits. Then to maintain. I just want to have energy and to be active again.

Replies

• Angela7zFit
    Angela7zFit Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi there

WELCOME !!! Well MFP is a great place to start. This is a great app. There are a lot of wonderful people on this site to help give support and give motivation.

Feel free to add.

Thanks, Angela
  • jildap
    jildap Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, Welcome. This app really helps me. I have never counted calories before and this makes it so easy. I have been using it for about 72 days with with great success.
  • diddles19
    diddles19 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm here everyday
  • Barrettp22
    Options
    I just joined too! Am trying to get healthy and lose. I resolved to myself that I must stop the emotional eating, am so glad I found this site!
  • diversden
    Options
    Hi! I've just bought some new scales and saw a number I've never seen before! Aggggg! I hope MFP helps be stay on track. Can this message board be reached through the app? I came through the regular website.
  • naparker333
    naparker333 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi..

I'm new too! I created a profile almost 2 years ago, but didn't follow through, since I was a WW member, and was doing GREAT! But, of course, I stopped following, stopped paying attention, and gained it all back. I've done this so darn many times, and am sick of feeling the way I feel. If I could have once lost 80 lbs, and kept it off for almost 10 years, I can do this now. Like others here, my life has been pure stress lately, but I am so grateful for all that I have, and the health that I'm also lucky enough to have. I'm not looking forward to yet another Wisconsin winter, which, coupled with my love of all things kitchen, causes my butt to get bigger and bigger :(
  • RachaelStJ
    RachaelStJ Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hey there! This is the third attempt for me to lose weight, and so far, this has been my best yet! My favorite part of MyFitnessPal is the community. There is SO much support on here, inspirational stories, and great suggestions for food and working out.

Feel free to add me, I love to support my fellow MFPers!
  • thornbird101
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too! I lost 60 lbs outside of MFP. I joined a gym mid August (hadn't been to one in about 20 years) and try to workout 5 times a week. Could use some friends for support!
  • Andy_83
    Andy_83 Posts: 270
    Options
    Good Luck. Feel free to add me.
  • whisperwhitley
    Options
    I'm new too! so please feel free to add me :)
  • nzgirl1
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too, just joined today so please add me :smile:
  • MetalPisces
    MetalPisces Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Though I am less than new to this site, I'm always looking for more support. I've lost 50 lbs in the past using another site and this had helped me in the same way. My goal is to lose 80 lbs and I've already lose 13 so far since August. It's hard, and some days I'm not motivated, but I log no matter what! I also run a group on here. Feel free to add me, or message me to find out more about my group :-) Good luck everyone!
  • TS3CAT
    TS3CAT Posts: 4
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Beanie008
    Beanie008 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Friend Request Sent! Welcome to MFP!
  • l0ttiec0llins
    Options
    Hi MFP peeps,
    This is my first time on this site, hope it helps to give me some inspiration. i know i needed to lose weight but after just being on holiday to Las Vegas i decided to weigh myself today. All i could do was bite my lip and tried not to cry in the middle of the pharmacy!!
    Has anyone tried a meal replacement shake, just to kick start my diet?

• travelnpeace1
    travelnpeace1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to Fitness Pal. I did Weight Watchers for one year and lost 21 lbs. there but wanted something for free that works about the same. I find that the Weight Watcher website tracker and My Fitness Pal have a lot of similarities. I'm hoping to lose 10 more pounds.
  • MIGHTYMOUSE187
    MIGHTYMOUSE187 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm not new but I'm looking for friends thanks!!!
  • bunbu
    bunbu Posts: 131
    Options
    Decided to add myfitnesspal to my weight loss plan. Since i first started my journey i have lost 17 pounds and have 8 more to go. hope that this app helps to get those last few pounds off. i think ill look as good as back in high school once those last few are off. :)
  • Toshad84
    Toshad84 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP family! My name is Tosha. feel free to add me if you like! :smile:
    Anyone can add me!!
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP has definitely helped me learn the habits/behaviors I needed to change, and the motivation and support from friends is great too! have an open diary, please feel free to add me and let me know if you have any questions! :drinker: