What food has been ruined for you? (Slightly gross)

Options

Replies

• NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Calamari
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I cant eat fish with small bones. I was force fed sardines when I was a kid. I love the taste of fish but could only eat salmon and tinned tuna up to recently. Actually cooked some trout last week and managed to eat a small fillet.
  • Mac_X
    Mac_X Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    An unfortunate incident with a fifth of Goldschlager and 5 Arby's Beef N Cheddar sandwiches made it where I can't chew cinnamon gum for the last 14 years.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    An unfortunate incident with a fifth of Goldschlager and 5 Arby's Beef N Cheddar sandwiches made it where I can't chew cinnamon gum for the last 14 years.

My partner DESPISES cinnamon. Drives me nuts cause I want to put cinnamon in ALL the things.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Green olives and Southern Comfort. :sick:
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Got a terrible flu after having chef salad when I was around ten years old. My parents were so sick they couldn't even check on me and I was so sick I didn't care. I even hallucinated from the fever. It was nuts.

Couldn't stand the thought of ham and cheese in a salad for many years and, while it isn't a big deal now, it still isn't really something I ever seek out.
  • Blondiegrl11
    Blondiegrl11 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Asparagus, ate it once and got sick later. May have been coincidence but I can't eat it anymore
  • candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    McFish from McDonalds. Blergh. Food poisoning ruined it for me.
  • curvesandmorecurves
    Options
    spam... the jelly stuff in the can is soooo nasty looking... I was forced to eat it as a child and haven't touched it since.
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I had the stomach flu last year... Thought I was recovered and ate Chinese. 6am puking up fried rice ruined it for me. It had been one of my favorite foods. I can eat the rice I make at home, but not anything from a restaurant. I substitute for extra noodles now. lol
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me with pizza. I got bad food poisoning from one years ago, and haven't had any since.

Oh and vodka. Can't drink vodka anymore... :P
  • BrittBrat1787
    BrittBrat1787 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Kale - I got SUPER sick after eating it once and now can't stand the thought of eating it ever again.
  • missbrendalynn
    missbrendalynn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Frozen pizzas you get from the supermarket.

Either I didn't reheat it for long enough or the heat wasn't strong enough to properly cook through it and I projectile puked a couple of hours after.

Raw(ish) dough, pepperoni, gross cheese - errthang just came up in gloopy chunky bits. I gag a little just looking at the boxes in the supermarket aisle :sick:
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    cauliflower, salmon
  • cupcakes_and_cardio
    cupcakes_and_cardio Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    store bought fish...never again
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I couldn't stand the mere smell, let alone the taste, of cinnamon for about 8 years after a horrifying hangover from some type of cinnamon flavored liquor. I just recently started having it again in my morning coffee this year.

Fireball! xD That stuff is killer
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough I've never had a food ruined. After I watched Supersize me I didn't eat McDonald's for a few months but the chicken nuggets kept calling to me. The only foods I won't eat are sea food critters and fishy-fish like salmon. I'll eat fried clams, fish sticks, tilapia or haddock but nothing that actually has an odor of fish.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    for the longest time i could not eat eggplant (i had a bad stomach bug, this is gross but if i get sick in the middle of the night i do not wake up and throw up on myself). i woke up when i was 19 in a pile of eggplant that came up, took me about 5 years to be able to eat it again.
    pene alla vodka i couldn't eat for the longest either. i got wasted one day with my best friend, we made penne alla vodka late at night, hadn't eaten all day so i ate 2 bowls of it. in mid sentence sitting at the table i threw up all over myself, didn't get it anywhere else though. then continued on with my conversation. took me sometime to be able to eat that again to.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    First time I ever tried shrimp, I got a bad one & was sick later, and the next time I tried them I was at red lobster & they were so overdone you could have bounced them across the table, so until recently, I've not been able to even consider them. Salmon is another one, because I couldn't get the memory of the smell of canned salmon when mom used to make salmon patties for dad when I was little. Fresh salmon smells nothing like that, so I now will eat it
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    vodka and oj..... BAD college experience with cheap "orange flavored drink" and 90 proof Smirnoff. Also ANY whiskey. Bad high school experience where I didn't know that hard liquor would sneak up on you and hit you like a brick wall. SO MUCH PUKE. Oh and cheap canned biscuits and grape flavored drink. Separately they're fine but the thought of them together brings back post-wisdom tooth extraction issues lol