Ready to start this thing!

Options
Hey everyone my name is Kristen, I'm 19 years old and in college. Since I met my boyfriend of almost 5 years my weight has sky rocketed and I am the heaviest I've ever been and could imagine..... I'm terrified with myself and ready to change for him and me, so I can get back to feeling and looking sexy. I've started Zumba at my school and I LOVE it so far. I now do it at home also and am looking forward to starting daily walks. Any advice on how to gain some self control?! That's my biggest problem, I can't seem to not eat sweets or big portions and I try, but fail often.
I'm trying to loose weight the healthy way, and I'm hoping this site will help me :)
Thanks everyone.

Replies

• Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. feel free to add me if you like.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    The main thing is to be accurate and honest with your logging. Weigh everything. Moderation is also important don't totally exclude things just have them in moderation
  • claudiaradvanyi1
    Options
    Hey Kristen! I have the exact same problem! I've put on so much weight from being in a relationship and have little control over food. I found drinking herbal tea when i feel like i'm just about to binge on food, also brushing your teeth surprisingly helps. :)
  • 842trigon
    Options
    Hi Kristen,

I'm quite new myself (3 weeks) but this app should help, I'm a lot older than you and remember the days when I was 19 and used to have to carry my calorie book, note book and a pen everywhere to write everything down! I gave up smoking 13 weeks ago and after my daughter showed me this I have lost 9lb in three weeks.
    Good luck Kristen - you can do it and this will help x
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristen...Good luck. I know all too well the gaining weight the first few years of a new relationship. Good on you for making a change :smile:
  • georgecostanzaish
    Options
    Hi