When did you start seeing results?

Options
Hello all, Just curious when did you start seeing REAL result ... I know weight/measurements change due to water retention, right after eating, menstruation cycle, etc ... When can you be confidant you're really moving along?

Reason I ask is ... , few yrs back my first try changing my life and habits the scales where moving quickly and steadily. I had to stop due to pregnancy and an illness, but now I'm back on the horse. Week 1 & 2 I lost both weeks 2kg, but now week 3 & 4 weight and measurements still the same. Should I worry? Review what I'm doing? Or keep going as I am?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Stay the course. It takes time and patience. Your body is making alot of changes and is in, what I like to call, "wtf is going on" mode. It's trying to figure out what's going on and adjust. You'll probably see a change in the next week or two.

I knew I was well on my way after the first 30 days. Notice I didn't say by weight. I knew I was going to get the results I wanted when I saw that I could sustain this new lifestyle after 30 days. I felt better about myself, less stressed, physically getting stronger and losing weight on top of that. When you know it's for life and not a diet, it's a whole 'nother ball game.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Your body is making alot of changes and is in, what I like to call, "wtf is going on" mode.

I love your term for it :laugh: But this is what it is, OP. I didnt' see any loss for a month or so.
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    In a couple weeks I noticed a change. I suggest measuring as well--your upper arms, upper thighs, waist, hips, chest. There have been weeks where I gained a little, but still lost in my waist (where I hold the most weight).
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I lost weight really fast in the first couple of months, but no significant change in measurements. Then I started having these two week plateaus and the weird thing was during the plateaus I would get smaller, then I'll loose a few pounds and then measurements change. I went down from a size 18 to a 16 in a 3 week plateau. I've quit worrying about plateaus as long as they don't go over 3 weeks (of course I haven't had one that went over 3 weeks). Actually I plan not to worry about them as long as I don't go up.
  • ariamythe
    ariamythe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    . In my experience, the first couple weeks can be some of the most rapid weight loss due to water retention loss and such, but that's my body and yours might be different.

It's always a good idea to review what you're doing. You could be eating too many calories, or too few, or not recording everything. For example, there tend to be a lot of hidden calories in drinks, and I don't just mean soda. My morning coffee with 1/2 cup of soy milk is 25 calories; the iced tea I like to drink has 40 calories per glass. If I don't track those, I easily go over my count.