42 lbs lost since March 24, 2013

davypr86
davypr86 Posts: 145 Member
Losing weight and getting healthy has been the greatest struggle in my life. I was always the fat kid. Since at least, 8-9 years old I was overweight. Here is a picture from when I was around 9-10 years old (maybe younger).

ScreenShot2013-11-16at102324PM_zps750ddb38.png

Needless to say, I was picked on a lot in school. It was very frustrating and, to this day, it still affects on me.

Late in High School I tried the South Beach Diet. It worked for a while and I went from 215 lbs. to 200 lbs. for graduation and 192 lbs at the end of the summer before starting college.

Unfortunately in the 4 years of college I really let myself go. It was all about drinking alcohol and eating junk food. I would work out a few times, and maybe lose a few pounds, but would gain them quickly later.

I could point out to many reasons for my weight gain like: being by myself for the first time, the cold weather, the alcohol, getting depressed at times...ect. But, in the end, I simply didn't care. It was frustrating how I continuously got bigger and it became almost impossible to find any decent clothing. I went all the way to XXXL shirt size and over 52 inches in pants.

By the time I graduated from college I weighted 283 lbs. A whopping 91 lbs increase in four years.

The following picture is from the airport the day I arrived home after graduating from college. I weighted 283 lbs.

ScreenShot2013-11-16at101650PM_zps9f2968cb.png

After I graduated from college I decided to get more serious about losing weight. I went to a gym and lost 20 lbs by myself.

Later, I hired a personal trainer. But that never seemed to work out. I never got disciplined with the food and I just didn't feel motivated to workout harder. Eventually, he started losing interest, which motivated me even less.

So, for 3 years, I got stuck in the 240s-230s range even with the trainer.

Last year I tried the HCG diet, where I went from 243 lbs. to 213 lbs. However, in just one summer I went back to the 240s lbs.

Then I studied for the Bar Exam earlier this year. I controlled myself better during this period, but I still went up to 251 lbs.

After I finished the Bar Exam, I decided I had to make a lifestyle choice. It couldn't be just a fad diet. I needed something that I could do for the rest of my life. I read about calorie counter apps and how it helped a lot of people. So, I did some research and found Myfitnesspal.

I taught me to be conscious about what I ate. I had no idea how much calories some food had. So, I began logging daily and working out in my elliptical machine. I quickly lost 6-7 lbs.

One day, I was reading the success stories on the site and came upon a topic of a girl that got in shape with the P90X. I did some research on it and decided to buy it. It wasn't easy, but I pushed through. I lost 14 lbs. with P90X and drinking Shakeology.

When I was rounding up P90X, I saw the ad for Shaun T's Focus T-25. I was amazed how it barely used tools and it only took me 30 minutes a day. So I bought it and continued with the Shakeology. I lost 16 lbs. with the Alpha and Beta DVDs. I am in Gamma phase now and I have lost an additional 5 lbs, bringing me down to 209 lbs.

Not since High School have I weighted less that 210 lbs. It is amazing! I feel that I have finally changed my life. I am eating healthier and doing better workouts that get me results.

Here as some before and after pictures, Front, Right and Back. They are from when I weighted 244 lbs. (before I started P90X), when I weighted 230 lbs. (After finishing P90X and right before starting T-25) and when I weighted 214 lbs. (after finishing the Beta Cycle in T-25).

893d9f8e-0b4c-4af5-ac8b-49b60227ad41_zps07df30c6.jpg
c544b1a4-367f-4f88-8b58-9729dda64dca_zps066a1be6.jpg
ef331034-b55a-4ee0-a29a-e4705e680a6d_zps187e2456.jpg

My goal so far is to reach 175 lbs. Then I'll be in my normal weight for the first time since I was a very little kid!

It is still a long way! But I'll get there!

Replies

• mikajao
    mikajao Posts: 30
    Wow! Great job!!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    You're doing great!! Super congrats! Just keep at it, one day at a time, and you will be there before you know it. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • Maybe you should be a writer too. I loved how you told a story. Great job with the weight loss!
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Great Job!!! Thanks for sharing your success!!!
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Looking good! Thats a wonderful achievement :)
  • michelleraebaker
    michelleraebaker Posts: 42 Member
    You look great! Awesome job, I can really see the difference!!!!
  • eksproductions
    eksproductions Posts: 138 Member
    Great work!
  • davypr86
    Thank you all! It hasn't been easy, but I'll keep pushing forward!
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Wow, that's great! You can really see a difference in your photos - thank you so much for sharing!!!
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Your progress is amazing and I think you look great!
  • davypr86
    Thank you all!
  • davypr86
    I got my T-25 shirt! This is me at the current weight of 209 lbs!

T-25Shirt_zpsaa77adbf.jpeg
  • davypr86
    I´ve finally reached 200.4 lbs!!! This feels great! I have lost 51 lbs since I joined MFP in March. Here is an updated picture!

url]
  • sbro32
    sbro32 Posts: 130 Member
    You're doing so great!! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • G__Force
    G__Force Posts: 280 Member
    Awesome job!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    WOW - AMAZING!
  • Congratulations on your progress after all that hard work!
    It must be a wonderful feeling to be 2/3 of the way to your goal.
    Best wishes for the remainder of your Weight Loss Journey.
    Shall we meet her again in... oh...June? with an even brighter smile!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    that is WONDERFUL, congratulations :):)
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    wow !! you are doing amazing !! keep up the awesome work :) congrats :)
  • davypr86
    Congratulations on your progress after all that hard work!
    It must be a wonderful feeling to be 2/3 of the way to your goal.
    Best wishes for the remainder of your Weight Loss Journey.
    Shall we meet her again in... oh...June? with an even brighter smile!

What a nice message! Thank you! Yes! I hope that by June my journey will be complete!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!