Big Time Goal for Me

Options
Hi all,
Just wanted to share my success story.
One year ago, I used to get winded going up some stairs, hated going grocery shopping because I knew I had to lug bags of not so great food up my apartment stairs/make multiple trips. Hated shopping for clothes because I knew nothing would fit, and if it did, it would look horrible. I wore the same DARK clothes for years.
Friday, I ran 45 minutes straight. I just kept going and going and going. Saturday, another 45 minute run, Sunday another....and today....will be another. (Dont worry I will rest tomorrow)
I cant believe Iv been able to run 45 MINUTES WITHOUT STOPPING! Im sure this goal is just something small to some, but its HUGE to me.
I cried after my first 30 minute run (couple of weeks ago) but I was bawling on Friday after 45 minutes because I was filled with success, was overwhelmed!
Thanks for reading :)

Replies

• Joscelle
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a huge accomplishment. Keep it up!
  • CaraFair
    CaraFair Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Keep it up! :happy:
  • tleigh
    tleigh Posts: 58
    Options
    Way to go!!! That is HUGE!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!! that is an amazing achievement. Running is not an easy task, it really takes a lot of strength and endurance to keep going, not to mention motivation, dedication and willpower!! 45 minute run? AMAZING! Especially coming from someone who only 1 year ago got winded going up stairs. That is insanely impressive!! I hope to share in this same joy soon! :)
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    Great job!!! That is so exciting. I understand your joy as I have never been a runner and recently began running and am up to 35 minutes! I was so excited when I got to a ten minute mile I cried too! Keep up the great work.:drinker:
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I know I cannot do that. In fact I am celebrating right now that I can walk for 40 minutes straight at a rapid pace.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    That is amazing - CONGRATS! It is probably mind boggling to think about where you were a year ago and where you are (and RUNNING, i mean running literally, to) today! :flowerforyou:
  • myricksmom
    myricksmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow...I got chills just reading about your progress. I just reached my 50 lb goal and still have another 100 to go. I have progressed from a short walk that would leave me feeling like i was going to die to now walking 2.5 miles in 45 minutes . To think that at some point I could run...seems unbelievable but reading your story ..maybe it can happen. That was so inspirational!! Congratulations to you...this is indeed a HUGE accomplishment!!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration to me!!!!! =] Keep up the good work! And i am trying to follow in your foot steps!!!!!
  • naguilar210
    Options
    Thanks to all for your kind words :)
  • golfbrew_matt
    golfbrew_matt Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    This is a great story, keep up the great work!
  • golfbrew_matt
    golfbrew_matt Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    This is a great story, keep up the great work!
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    That is a HUGE success!!!!!! congratulations!!!!! enjoy all your new energy and acheivements!!!
  • naguilar210
    Options
    Thanks all!!!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    that is soooo awesome...keep up the hard work and you'll be running a 1/2 marathon before you know it....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!