ATE 2450 CALORIES

Options
I ate so much, didn't exercise unless shopping for food counts.. So, the maximum i walked today was 50 calories gone.. And i ate so much, what do i do? I feel horrible.

Edit : This is the first post i make on here and i did lose some KG since i started on here, it's just that i never changed my weight on here. :P

Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Its fine, its just one day. Get back on it tomorrow.

For the record, you ate my maintenance calories. its not really that bad. What would be bad would be eating 4000 calories tomorrow, then 5000 the next day (unless you are on a bulk), and so on.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    When I first started out on MFP, I made a very similar thread as you and this was the advice given to me which I took to heart and it helped me in my progress so far:

You can either beat yourself up about eating too much today or you can take that energy to plan a better tomorrow. Learn from the mistake. If you went over today, it is not the end of the world. You're changing a lifelong habit and your body is bound to resist that. Eat a little bit less tomorrow. Workout a little more today/tomorrow. Worst case scenario, it is just one day where at most you ate at maintenance level. Just stay persistent and you will very soon get the hang of it and staying under calories will become second nature to you.

Good luck with all your adventures :)
  • Kgirlbball5
    Options
    It's OKAY!!! Even if your on a weight loss program, you still will make mistakes. Just take deep breaths and move on, you'll do better.
  • ujjz
    ujjz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's okay. One day isn't going to affect your weight loss. It might even give your metabolism a nice boost. Unless you're tiny, 2450 really isn't a ton of calories, anyway.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Work on average number of calories a day over a week instead. Nobody out in the real world who's not watching their weight eats the exact number of calories day in and day out; they'll have days where they eat more and days where they eat less. That's how life goes and your body isn't going to suddenly blow-up like a beachball because you went over on a single day.

Just eat a few less calories tomorrow, or the next day, or the day after that. If your daily goal is, for example, 1,700 then that's 11,900 calories a week. It doesn't matter if you do 2,450 one day if you get to your goal calories by the end of the week.
  • kusterer
    kusterer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Please don't keep thinking about it, blaming yourself, feeling guilty. It's just one day you didn't lose weight, maybe gained a third of a pound. I've been logging straight for seven months or so. There are plenty of days like yours logged in during that time. It's hard to get off a binge. It wants to make you prolong itself, reminding you of food you used to eat. But you can do it. Almost everybody at MFP has binged and come back from it.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    When I first started out on MFP, I made a very similar thread as you and this was the advice given to me which I took to heart and it helped me in my progress so far:

You can either beat yourself up about eating too much today or you can take that energy to plan a better tomorrow. Learn from the mistake. If you went over today, it is not the end of the world. You're changing a lifelong habit and your body is bound to resist that. Eat a little bit less tomorrow. Workout a little more today/tomorrow. Worst case scenario, it is just one day where at most you ate at maintenance level. Just stay persistent and you will very soon get the hang of it and staying under calories will become second nature to you.

Good luck with all your adventures :)

This. :heart:
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    A male eating 2450 calories doesn't sound like a big deal to me :indifferent:
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Last night I ate an entire pint of ben and jerry's and ended up eating 2600 calories. It was totally worth it. I go it out of my system and I'm back on track today. I suggest you do the same and don't waste your energy feeling bad about it.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Had you been starving yourself earlier in the week? I think that's what triggers major binges—too many days of extreme deprivation. It's much better to deprive yourself a little bit each day, rather than deprive yourself a lot most days, and then fall off the wagon when your body just can't take it any more. But don't let it become a source of anxiety, you're finding your stride, and sometimes we stumble. One day of undisciplined eating might dent your progress for the week, but it won't affect your long-term goals if you don't let it.

Basically, you need to take stock of your health/fitness/weight loss strategy, and see if there's something you could be doing to manage your hunger. You might need to focus on getting enough protein, fat, and fiber in your diet, if your diet is too heavy in starches, that will only make you crave more food. Protein and fiber fill you up, and fat makes you feel satiated, they are your friends when you're dieting. :drinker:
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    One day is ok. Log it, own it, accept it, deal with it. Your not perfect and tomorrow is a new day.

P.S. I hope it was all yummy! Days like this are good for the soul :-)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    That is f all.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    just get back on the horse dear. There are something like 3500 cal in a pound of fat, so not to worry. Should you do this every week? No, but just keep trying, it's all anyone can do. Good luck on your journey :-)
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Let it go! Tomorrow get some walking in and try to eat healthy. Don't know how many calories you are supposed to eat but aim for healthy choices. It is only one day.
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    Work on average number of calories a day over a week instead. Nobody out in the real world who's not watching their weight eats the exact number of calories day in and day out; they'll have days where they eat more and days where they eat less. That's how life goes and your body isn't going to suddenly blow-up like a beachball because you went over on a single day.

Just eat a few less calories tomorrow, or the next day, or the day after that. If your daily goal is, for example, 1,700 then that's 11,900 calories a week. It doesn't matter if you do 2,450 one day if you get to your goal calories by the end of the week.

This. It really works. It is all about the average calorie intake that you have, not one day. I ate 2800 calories yesterday, but it doesn't matter since I am still within my calories for the week. I used to freak out if I ate that much but now that this idea has clicked I am not as stressed about dieting and I am still loosing weight.