Hungry sooooo Hungry !!!!!

Options
Okay so this is more of a question than a topic. I have been eating well and exercising at least 6 days a week for about an hour.
However i have found that i have become hungrier more than usual more so in the morning....

I don't want to sound like an imbecile but my question is this ..........

IS IT NORMAL TO FEEL HUNGRY IF NOT ALL OF THE TIME THEN MOST OF THE TIME?

I've been told that it could be a faster metabolism, or that i'm actually thirsty not hungry ?
please help?

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Okay so this is more of a question than a topic. I have been eating well and exercising at least 6 days a week for about an hour.
    However i have found that i have become hungrier more than usual more so in the morning....

I don't want to sound like an imbecile but my question is this ..........

IS IT NORMAL TO FEEL HUNGRY IF NOT ALL OF THE TIME THEN MOST OF THE TIME?

I've been told that it could be a faster metabolism, or that i'm actually thirsty not hungry ?
    please help?
    Are you eating enough? Eating the amount MFP allotted you and at least portion of your workout cals back is important working out that often. Getting in all your water can help with hunger. Fiber, veggies etc also help. I can't view your diary so not sure what else I can add.

I don't get extra hungry after working out, it actually energizes me and I'm not hungry. But for others they're ravenous...I really don't know why the difference but each of us is different. It certainly could be that your body needs more water, are you getting in the minimum PLUS enough in addition for the time you workout? Also making sure you're getting enough healthy fats in your meals will help keep you satiated.
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    Thirst is a definite possibility. Make sure your not cutting cals too much though... And also make sure it is actual hunger. As in stomach-growling-loud-enough-for-people-to-hear hungry!!!
  • brookejoye
    Options
    Maybe if you are hungry more in the morning, it would help if you had a bigger breakfast. Maybe if you gave your body more fuel in the morning, it will help you throughout the day. Maybe it will work :)
  • smelmel
    smelmel Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I eat every 2 or 3 hours, not huge amounts but I'm never hungry. If your eating the right type of foods, whole and low gi you should be good.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I need high energy snacks by 10am, and a good lunch or I can't make it. So I try to budget my snacks and calories toward the first half of the day. I have always needed more food in the mornings!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Protein keeps you fuller feeling longer, you could try that.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Ever since I started eating breakfast and exercising, I NEED to eat a good breakfast. If I don't fill up in the morning I am hungry ALL DAY.

Try eating a bigger, more healthy breakfast. I know cereal simply won't cut it for me anymore. I almost always have two sources of protein (usually eggs and peanut butter), fruit, and some sort of carb, like an Eggo or toast or something.
    If I'm in the mood, oatmeal with fruit stirred in is good too.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and one dinner - snacks too. I am not hungry. They are small meals - just had a lunch and it was a brown rice cke with 1 tblsp of peanut butter and a honeycrisp apple. I always make sure to include protein, carbs and fat in every little meal. My protein is always over - carbs and fat are always under.
  • ItsJustVicki
    Options
    Make sure you drink enough water also :0)
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Yes, not being hydrated enough can cause you to feel hungry so make sure you're drinking enough water.

Make sure to eat every 2-3 hours and eat filling foods. Eat a good breakfast and a good lunch. Usually I will have a smaller dinner.
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    I think your body may be saying to eat a nice and healthy breakfast in the morning.....I know for me if I do I tend to do better through the remainder of the day. Keep healthy snacks around. I love carrots, dried fruits because they remind me of chips lol, and I drink alot of hot herbal teas.
  • newhealthyjodi
    Options
    Well with my experience. When I get like this I ask myself three questions.

1. Am I eating enough calories for my body, which is calulated by myfitnesspal.com? If you are not eating the recommended calories than you are starving your body of nutrients.

2. Have I increased the level of my work out program? The more you work out the more calories you burn, which can make you very hungy with even have hunger pains. High intensity workouts (which gets your heart rate elevated) you will burn more calories.

3. Am I eating a balance diet. Meaning; Calories, Fats, Protien, Carbohydrates designed around your personal body information. You may be eating enough fats, but not consuming enough Carbohydrates, which could severe hunger.

Note: Water helps with alot of things, but on in particular is that it can sustain your body longer. Drinking water through out the day will allow you to feel full with out any calories.

I hope this helps! Jodi
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Your body is in a fast when you are sleeping for the most part. It will burn off food from your last meal or stored muscle/fat. When you wake up your body needs fuel asap!!!
  • chefry
    chefry Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you to all the MFP community for all the advice that i received it was much very appreciated and valued.
    I have adjusted a few eating habits and drinking more water and i feel that im back on track.
    so a big thank you to everyone out there....