Body Bugg / Media or other calorie counter questions....

Options
Hey there!
Does anyone have a body bugg or body media or any other product like this?
I was wondering do you have to have an online subscription for it to work or......?
I am thinking about buying a calorie counter. Any suggestions?

Replies

• QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I have Body Media and you do need an online subscription. It's very cheap. I paid $85 for 2 years so less than $1 a week. It's been a tremendous help.
  • cjohn2278
    cjohn2278 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have one as well...I pay monthly and I believe it is $6.95...totally worth it! The new software is really great and it links with MFP! I Love my body bugg!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I have one as well...I pay monthly and I believe it is $6.95...totally worth it! The new software is really great and it links with MFP! I Love my body bugg!
    Yes! I wouldn't do without mine now. I forgot to put it on one morning and just felt lost without it. Love trying to beat my old personal bests....
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Yup I got the bodymedia fit link. I really don't know how I did it with out this device! I got 3 months free and then after that it's 6.95 a month. So worth it! It takes the guess work out of figuring your calorie burn. I call it my little personal trainer!
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Another vote for BodyMedia. I am hooked on it. The monthly subscription rate is a cheap fix.
  • LoveLea3
    Options
    Wow guys that is great!!! It looks like it really works and your numbers are showing!
    I am also interested in hearing reviews on the other devices.
    :laugh:
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    i have a fitbit. it links (and syncs) with MFP and their website is free. I don't know what the difference between the two is but it figures out my calorie burn for me and adjusts my calorie goal on MFP.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Bump ... want to read results of your topic.

BTW ... do you knee a heart rate monitor in conjunction with any of these devices?
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Bump ... want to read results of your topic.

BTW ... do you knee a heart rate monitor in conjunction with any of these devices?

You don't need one but you can sync Bodymedia with these garmin HRMs. Forerunner 60, Forerunner 305, Edge 305 and Forerunner 610. I don't know if using one makes a difference with the armband since I don't use one but it is a option.
  • Grad2b2002
    Options
    I have the bodymedia link armband and I love it. I do pay a monthly fee of I believe like 7 bucks and I did get 3 months free and it does link to MFP. It really helps me and I always sync it up after lunch so I can see how much more I have to do to reach my fitness goals for the day. I found a used one on ebay and paid 30 bucks for mine

.125260.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • AbFabKat
    AbFabKat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a BodyMedia Fit Link and absolutely Love IT!!! I've had it since Christmas 2012 and have lost 40 lbs even with an injury that took me out of exercising for 4 months! It's $6.95/ month for the subscription (as others said) and it links to the app on my phone so I can see my calorie burn anywhere, anytime. And their customer service is outstanding!