Options
Hello everyone! I'm really hoping that this site will help turn the corner for me. I've always felt that if i just had a better support network, i'd be successful (in a healthy way). I've struggle with disordered eating for several years, something that started with the female athlete triad....But I don't want this to be a part of my life anymore. I want to compete in fitness, and i've given myself one year ....My 30th birthday to enter my first competition.
Overcoming my disorder involves a process not unlike AA.... and knowing that once an ana/mia, always one... and i must find positive outlets to my frustrations and fears, and not resort to unhealthy eating habits to find comfort. I am a dancer, on a world tour right now, so it it hard to have a weekly support group with which to talk to, and finding a sponsor even harder.
I hope that this online group will be as wonderful as all the blogs posted here say, and that someone
(or two!) will be willing to keep in closer support contact with me, to help me get better and healthy again.

Replies

• abjones80
    abjones80 Posts: 32
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm really hoping that this site will help turn the corner for me. I've always felt that if i just had a better support network, i'd be successful (in a healthy way). I've struggle with disordered eating for several years, something that started with the female athlete triad....But I don't want this to be a part of my life anymore. I want to compete in fitness, and i've given myself one year ....My 30th birthday to enter my first competition.
    Overcoming my disorder involves a process not unlike AA.... and knowing that once an ana/mia, always one... and i must find positive outlets to my frustrations and fears, and not resort to unhealthy eating habits to find comfort. I am a dancer, on a world tour right now, so it it hard to have a weekly support group with which to talk to, and finding a sponsor even harder.
    I hope that this online group will be as wonderful as all the blogs posted here say, and that someone
    (or two!) will be willing to keep in closer support contact with me, to help me get better and healthy again.
  • mommyagain
    mommyagain Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi:flowerforyou: , I just joined a couple of days ago, and so far it has been great! I have found tons of recipes, information, and friendly people. So, welcome!:smile:
  • abjones80
    Options
    Thanks, i'm really looking forward to this! how do i post my progress chart78781.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    did it come up?
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!! I just started yesterday. I need the support as well to stay motivated. I used to be a dancer, I so miss that!!!!
  • mjmoonin
    mjmoonin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine sent me this site and said I should give it a try. I am struggling to lose weight after a very bad car accident. She thought this site might help me.
  • abjones80
    Options
    MOONIN-i once read this quote posted on door in my gym, "be kind, everyone is fighting a battle". And i thought, man, that's so true... just that morning i had an argument with my mother, and i was irritated all day, and wanted to throw in my plans for the day (including exercise)... I had just come from the drugstore next door, and was kind of rude to the clerk... i thought, later... while reading that quote...man, what if that clerk had a bad day? what if she was having family problems like me?, was getting over an illness, and accident...? what right did i have to be rude??, my problem, my battle wasn't anymore or less than anyones. So don't be discourged, you will overcome whatever set backs your accident may have caused. And I'm hoping, just like you, that this site will be where we find some like-minded, kind, supportive people! GOOD LUCK!
  • mjmoonin
    mjmoonin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words of incouragement. Its been a tough 15 months, most of which I was in a wheelchair. I thank God everyday I am alive but the struggles and pain I face every day just walking make it hard to get out of bed in the morning. I know I can do this even facing the limitations I have. I just forget alot (Ha Ha)