Lost 100lbs -- On my way!

Options
btsinmd
btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
I've always enjoyed participating in dog activities, but as time has gone on I've done less of the activities that have me moving with the dogs and more that have the dog doing most of the moving.

In 2007 I went on a trip with some friends of mine. I was really disappointed that I couldn't keep up with them when sight seeing. Then, in 2012, I was not able to do a zipline with them. We have another get together happening in summer 2014 and this time I do not want to be left behind. I'm not going to be sidelined by myself yet again. So I decided that I had to get fit no matter what.

I started with My Fitness Pal in December 2012 and planned (hoped) to lose 135+ lb in 18 months and be ready to do whatever my friends have planned. So far, in 10 months, I've lost 100 lbs! I completed C25k (along with my youngest dog), have gotten pretty good at figuring out the weight machines in my gym, bought and am riding a bicycle, and started swimming again. My additional goals at this point, in addition to why I started in the first place, is to finish a sprint triathlon and to finish a half marathon.

I'm really excited about how well I'm feeling now!

lose100lbs_zps0ad8ffb5.jpg

Replies

• booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Keep up the good work, you look awesome!!!!
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Good job
  • TBates14
    TBates14 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Nice work!! Excellent inspiration!!
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    You have turned it all around you sound so happy and you look amazing!

Well done lady! :flowerforyou:
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You have made an awesome transformation in a relatively short time! Congrats and great work - your group will all be trying to keep up with you next summer! :smile:
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    awesome success!
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look fantastic and should be excited on how you feel!! BTW i can't tell you how much i admire your fitness regime, you have a wide assortment of physical activities, something i could implement myself, thanks for the learning curves.

Cheers:drinker:
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Love to see the before & after photos. I know how hard you've worked to lose those 102 pounds. Well done!
  • Rastamann
    Rastamann Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Three Cheers! Great transformation in your life and body!
  • tb221
    tb221 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Nice job! I'm sure your pup appreciates all those runs too! :)
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    Awesome that you set your goal and are accomplishing it! You are an inspiration and you look terrific! Congrats to you (and your dog!) :drinker:
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep it up!
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! You and the dog look great! "Think of the places you will go and the things you will do..."
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your success story! I love it that you have a nice variety to your exercise routine to keep things interesting. Really awesome transformation :-) Congratulations!
  • becomingtherealme
    Options
    Awesome results!!!! Can you let us in on your exercise habits and any special eating plan?
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    An amazing transformation!
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Faaaantastic job! Congrats on your awesome successes!
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You look great! You have a goal and you are achieving it! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!