My First Year Of MFP

Options
JayStu
JayStu Posts: 332 Member
My lifestyle change started out January 2012 when I no longer liked who I was. When I found out about MFP I had zero physical exercise level but I started out by trying 30 Day Shred which is pretty good and I'm not going to lie I have still yet to finish the whole 30 days but thankfully I have found running with help from C25K. I ran my first 5K in August and to my amazement had a finishing time of 29 minutes 30 seconds.

I have gone from wearing size 2XL shirts and 42 pants to wearing Medium shirts and 32 pants.

I weighed 255 LBS in January of 2012 and when I found MFP in October I had managed to lose 15 LBS on my own but with the help of MFP I have gone on to lose 74.8 LBS more and currently weigh 165.2 LBS but I plan on losing 10.2 more. I have also lost a combined loss of 34 inches so far but I am getting to what I believe to be the hardest part and that is to tone my now soft body.

One of the things that my MFP friends have taught me that I would like to pass on is that don't listen to your family and friends when they tell you that you should gain back weight or stop losing and to go until you are happy with where you are at.

Thanks for taking the time to read my scatter brained journey so far.

Replies

• Rastamann
    Rastamann Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Success! Thanks for sharing that. You're at my goal weight and at my highest i was 250. I'm 16 lbs away, so there is hope. :)
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • gsoukup2
    gsoukup2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow, Great Job! Thanks for posting, gives me hope.
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    There isn't anything scatter brained about your post! Obviously you are focused on your goal and the results is paying off. Congratulations to you!
  • jmp463
    jmp463 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    That is excellent! Good for you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!