Lady Runners? I have a lady Question!

Options
I am doing my first half marathon and I notice my underwear are an issue on long runs. They go up all the wrong places and the cotton ones get soaked with sweat (gross I know!). Do you guys have any good brands or styles that work for long runs? What materials are good to buy?

THX!

Replies

• Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Bump... I want to know as well.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Running shorts with built in underwear. Or commando + body glide.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I don't wear them. Running shorts have a liner and one time I had weird undies on, I was going to wear running tights to go for a run with a few kids that I teach (I teach high school) those weird undies looked super obvious and weird under my tights..so I ditched them...and haven't gone back. Assuming the tights are a good quality and thick I just leave them behind.
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Never wear them either..not necessary....but on that point, make sure IF you decide to go that route....you get lots of practice in without them....never do anything new on race day...get your body used to being without them..otherwise serious consequences...
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'm not comfortable going commando... I have moisture wicking underwear. I think it's Denver Hayes brand.
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Tight shorts and going commando.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    The most comfortable ones I found were microfibre bikini briefs I got from Walmart ages ago. Pity they don't sell them anymore. Tried microfibre styles from Hanes and fruit of the loom (both Walmart or target have them) the material is comfy enough, but the seams can be a bit painful. So yeah, I don't always wear them either....
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Yup, I always get a wicked wedgie when I run :ohwell:
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Wear pants with the little underwear patch-thing in them ... You know, like active-wear ... as for shorts, I go commando ... so much more comfortable ...
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Maternity thongs. I'm serious. That's all I wear for runs or working out. ;)
  • moxiept
    moxiept Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bumping because even though I have one pair of runner shorts with the liner, I still wear undies underneath (weird I know) because I don't feel comfy going without.
  • CourtneyLin40
    CourtneyLin40 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thongs usually, I mean how much further can it ride up? ha. Also I have noticed wearing other kinds of underwear leads to chafing in the bikini area if I run more than 7-8 miles.
  • seattlegryphon
    Options
    I got thighs that hate shorts (chafing always), so I run in Moving Comfort short tights (5-6 inch inseam). Wide, flat waistband, no riding up on the thighs, and some models even have a handy zipped key compartment on the back of the waistband. And these things last forever!
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    Either tight bike type shorts or running shorts with built in liner. I've tried all types of underwear and none worked for me.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I wear tights. It is a bit cold where I live to wear shorts. I think without chonies the seems would rub in bad places.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    great suggestions. I don't think I could go commando but there are some good links here! Thank you!
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wear Nike Pro Combat or Under Armour compression shorts under the pants/shorts/capris that I run in. Quick drying, stretchy, and comfy. I see most girls wearing only them to run in,but I would never be confident enough to do that. haha