Losing Weight in College

Options
Hi, my name is Britt and I am new to My Fitness Pal. I'm looking to make connections with others trying to lose weight while in college. I am currently a freshmen at Salem State University. My goal is to lose 100 pounds so I can finally be at a healthy weight for my height and age. Anyone who is aiming for the same goals, losing weight in college, or can provide good support for this type of situation, please connect with me! I am a great motivator and love to give support back! :)

Replies

• KittiesSong
    Options
    Fresh out of college here... well ok a couple of years :p Anyhoo I lost around 20 or so lbs while still in college so I'd be glad to help you and give you any advice you might need to help you on your journey :)
  • live4awhile
    Options
    I'm in college right now too! Girl, I'm tellin you I am sick and tired of seeing all this little sorority girls with their tight jeans gettin all the it guys, am I right? If they can do it, so can we! I want to lose about 50 pounds eventually, so can we be fitness buddies? :)
  • secretsupermodel
    Options
    I am in college as well... I am trying to loose about 60 Lbs and hope we could motivate each other.
  • Chanti1620
    Chanti1620 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm a year out of college end of Nov, i gained about 70lbs in college and decided to get rid of it my senior yr... i actually did lose the 70, but gained back 30 =/ ... now i'm on a mission to lose 100lbs. I can motivate you, give some pointers and all if you want.
    if you want you can request me, but i would want the same in return motivation wise =)
  • lannasster
    Options
    added you! i am also looking for people in college to connect with.
  • emmb101
    emmb101 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm a sophomore in college and I'm trying to lose about 50lbs and I have been looking for people around my age to connect with. I feel like everyone around me is super small.
  • shellsies93
    Options
    i'm in college and i'm looking to lose 100 pounds as well! it's definitely difficult, but it's worth it!
  • brittclaire94
    Options
    Im also a sophmore trying to lose 50! Motivation is the biggest thing for me.
  • vienneselights
    Options
    oh sup, i'm in college too, and also in MA!

we don't have sororities, and i get decent guys, but i've gained some weight in college and i'd like to get rid of it.
  • DonaldChadDavis
    DonaldChadDavis Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm a senior in college but I'm about a decade older than the average student I see in class. I lost 30lbs last semester and so far 12lbs this semester.

Prepping meals is the best suggestion I can give to you. Weigh your food to get an accurate measurement of the calories. Don't eat a crazy low calorie diet. Be willing to work slowly at the process. 2lbs a week is what I shoot for and that's on the fast end. Also, you don't look like you need to lose 100lbs.