how many calories should I eat?

Options
I was wondering how many calories I should eat...5'3 and 194 lbs.

Replies

• megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Whatever MFP works out for you... enter in your info and it will tell you how much to eat.

Also Read these:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • kellybelly113
    kellybelly113 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how many calories I should eat...5'3 and 194 lbs.
    I usually eat around what the website told me....which right now is about 1500/daily. If I eat too little the metabolism slows down......and I certainly don't want to go over....that effects how much weight I loose. I dunno, maybe someone else has a better answer for you, it's just my two cents.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1, 125 pounds and it tells me to eat 1,340 a day to lose 1 pound a week. I do not eat my workout cals either.
  • gperry227
    Options
    I gauge it from how I am feeling plus what MFP is saying....
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I would be a good idea to start with what MFP suggests......also be sure that the food you eat is nutrition dense so you are getting as much nutrition as possible to keep your body at its best.
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lnadack
    lnadack Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and when I first started on MFP I was 195 lbs, I'm now at 186 and only been doing this for 3 weeks now. I do go to the gym everyday and finally got a personal trainer to help me twice a week. He wants me to eat 1200-1300 calories a day. When you throw in the working out then you won't have as much calories to burn off and the weight will start falling off. I eat 6 times a day and I'm never hungry. This works for me, hopefully you will find something that will work for you. Good Luck!!
  • ErinB
    ErinB Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!
  • abcollins1355
    Options
    What is your age??
    I can figure the numbers out for you.

Just for comparison, I am 4'10, 115 and eat 1600 cals a day. There is no reason why someone taller and heavier than me, should be eating any less.

This websites calculations are way way off. It drastically underestimates the calories and under eating is not healthy at all.