Making good food choices while partying!

Options
Hi all, I am so disappointed in myself. From 10am-9pm tonight, I spent the day with my girlfriends doing bachelorette things (not for me). I spent the day munching, going to a food and wine festival, then house party with the most terrible foods. I went over my calorie budget by 1,000 for today. So bummed. How do you all recover from a terrible eating day???

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    You just continue on with your goals tomorrow. Going over once in a while is no big deal. You can't stop living because you're trying to lose weight.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    it's okay as long as it doesn't happen all the time. just enjoy the special occasion for what it was and then pick back up where you left off the next day!
  • midwestmixtape
    midwestmixtape Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new beginning.
  • tamadrummer001
    tamadrummer001 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am so disappointed in myself. From 10am-9pm tonight, I spent the day with my girlfriends doing bachelorette things (not for me). I spent the day munching, going to a food and wine festival, then house party with the most terrible foods. I went over my calorie budget by 1,000 for today. So bummed. How do you all recover from a terrible eating day???

Dont beat yourself up over enjoying a day with friends celebrating the best time of your friends life. Even a couple of really bad days of high caloric intake cannot destroy what you are doing in the long haul. Don't make yourself pay unless its something you either challenged yourself to or are involved in some kind of competition. You have to allow yourself and your life to have "bumps in the road". (i.e. weddings, anniversaries, christmas, thanksgiving.) You need to be human! You also don't want to be a stick in the mud when your friends are partying. If you know you have had a really bad week and you know you cannot have fun because you will be worried about every bite of food or drink you take.

If you are at a party, party! Enjoy it! There is nothing wrong with pre-planning and cutting your caloric intake a couple hundred a day for a few days to allow for the excursion but not everything can or is planned! Be a human and live life. The lbs will fall off, you will be just fine! Just make sure that for the most part you are sticking to your plan and execute!

I know it sounds all fuzzy and warm but I will be damned if I am going to hate my life because I cannot enjoy my friends and family. I know I have to work hard in the gym, there is no way for me to eat like I want to and not put in the cardio and weight training! They now and forever will go hand and hand.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    workout. eat less the next day if my cals aren't already too low. more workout.

it's hard to make good food choices while partying. Dang, it's even hard to make good romance choices while partying. Have you ever woken up next to a double bagger? It happens. Not to me, but it happens.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    meh you have a built in calorie deficit anyway, so you werent really over by that much if you think about what your maintenance would be,

some may disagree with me, but sometimes i log some of it on the next day...LOL your body doesnt know what day it is, know what I mean?
  • Bhotel21
    Bhotel21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Dont beat yourself up over enjoying a day with friends celebrating the best time of your friends life. Even a couple of really bad days of high caloric intake cannot destroy what you are doing in the long haul. Don't make yourself pay unless its something you either challenged yourself to or are involved in some kind of competition. You have to allow yourself and your life to have "bumps in the road". (i.e. weddings, anniversaries, christmas, thanksgiving.) You need to be human! You also don't want to be a stick in the mud when your friends are partying. If you know you have had a really bad week and you know you cannot have fun because you will be worried about every bite of food or drink you take.

If you are at a party, party! Enjoy it! There is nothing wrong with pre-planning and cutting your caloric intake a couple hundred a day for a few days to allow for the excursion but not everything can or is planned! Be a human and live life. The lbs will fall off, you will be just fine! Just make sure that for the most part you are sticking to your plan and execute!

I know it sounds all fuzzy and warm but I will be damned if I am going to hate my life because I cannot enjoy my friends and family. I know I have to work hard in the gym, there is no way for me to eat like I want to and not put in the cardio and weight training! They now and forever will go hand and hand.

Agree on all fronts. Thanks for the reminder! :)