Shakes and Supplement Advice

Options
Hi,

Does anyone use any shakes or supplements that has helped them with their weight loss?

Been looking into a few but just don't know what's good and what's not so looking for advice x

Thanks

Caroline

Replies

• b0nnyd0g
    b0nnyd0g Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Herbalife really worked for me. Feel free to 'friend' if you want to see diaries :)
  • CC13x
    CC13x Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I have sent you a friend request.

I have been thinking about herbalife but been unsure of it for some reason, there are so many mixed reviews x
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • CC13x
    Options
    NO.

Have you not had any success with any then?
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    NO.

Have you not had any success with any then?
    nope...you dont need them.

calorie deficit is what works.

and SMASHing all the things in the gym doesnt hurt either...
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I usually end up eating after anyways because they are neither satisfying nor filling.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    GNC lean shakes.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I drink a shake that consists of 1 scoop of whey protein and 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk after I work out. It's in addition to what I eat, I like to feed my muscles after I abuse them.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I do a meal replacement shake for breakfast out of convenience (with real meals for lunch & dinner, plus I eat 2-3 snacks a day). I don't like solid food in the morning, but I want to get some nutrients in. I currently drink the AdvoCare ones because they're the ones I like the taste of best and they have good protein, but I've done Herbalife, GNC, or even Carnation Instant Breakfast Drink with extra protein added in (I like the EAS Lean protein). I'll also sometimes do a protein shake after strength training as a supplemental thing. I do take some supplements, but they're mostly geared toward my workouts not toward weight loss.

If you work out enough you get to eat pretty well, which ultimately is more sustainable than drinking two meals a day.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Shakes do not help with losing weight what so ever. You will lose weight by eating less than you burn. To lose fat and retain as much muscle as possible you need to have effective workouts regularly with enough protein, having a protein shake will help you reach that protein goal hence why it's called a supplement. The only supplements that will help you with weight loss is fat burners but even then whether they are worth the price is debatable.
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    I use the bodybyvi shakes and omg tastes great.

It has been part of my diet and 56 lbs success so far

I can get you a free sample if you want

Add me on facebook got tons of info https://www.facebook.com/daniel.krieger1
    no
  • mathera26
    mathera26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Does anyone use any shakes or supplements that has helped them with their weight loss?

Been looking into a few but just don't know what's good and what's not so looking for advice x

Thanks

Caroline

I really like my Advocare line, the Spark drinks have a lot to offer. I'm not a fan of all of the meal replacement shakes. You can look for yourself if you like:

https://www.advocare.com/130955224/MemberHome.aspx
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    I drink a shake that consists of 1 scoop of whey protein and 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk after I work out. It's in addition to what I eat, I like to feed my muscles after I abuse them.
    i use whey as well to get my protein in sometimes.
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks

Caroline

I really like my Advocare line, the Spark drinks have a lot to offer. I'm not a fan of all of the meal replacement shakes. You can look for yourself if you like:

https://www.advocare.com/130955224/MemberHome.aspx
    no
    please dont try to sell your things here
  • CC13x
    Options
    Thanks for all the replys :)

Yeah I think I might try some sort of protein one as I don't intake enough which will be good for the gym
  • CC13x
    Options
    I have successfully lost weight in the past - over 2 stone, but feel that in my new job all is do is eat crappppp!!

I have joined the gym, now I just need to properly change my diet and hopefully with time it will fall off again
  • n1ghtwlkr4
    Options
    I just started Visalus. I have 2 shakes/day and a regular meal. I started with their transformation kit, which has several items to get you started.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    :sick: Oooh, yucky spam page from hell.
    Yeah, you don't need pricey shakes or supplements. As you mentioned, a protein shake of your own making is just fine. I buy whey powder and throw in some ice, milk and some peanut butter and it costs about a $1. Even that is unneccessary, it's just a convenient way to hit your protein target and is yummy. :drinker:
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I have successfully lost weight in the past - over 2 stone, but feel that in my new job all is do is eat crappppp!!

I have joined the gym, now I just need to properly change my diet and hopefully with time it will fall off again

Changing your diet and exercising is what is going to make you healthy and trim in the long run and it's sustainable. I try to go by this; don't do anything to lose weight that you can't do for the rest of your life to keep it off.

As far as the protein supplement shake, at first I tried different ones randomly. I tried some gross and gritty powders. i finally asked around and decided to try the GNC AMP Wheybolic Extreme. It's the best I've tried, both flavor and texture wise. The serving size is 3 scoops, but I usually only have 1 scoop; perhaps when I'm really into my heavy lifting, I'll up it to 2-3 scoops. So far I've had the cookies and cream flavor, I really want to try the banana cream flavor but it only comes in the big container and I'm afraid of the commitment if I don't like it.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Whey protein shakes are a great "starter" supplement. I dont use them as meal replacements but to supplement protein post workout. They extra protein does make me really full though.