when you eat most of your calories by lunch time?

What do you do when you eat almost all of your calories by lunch time? I was doing great for three days spreading my calories out until dinner but today all I have in my house is peanutbutter so of course I ate almost all my calories in one sitting :/ I'm mad because I know by dinner or worse, in the middle of the night I will wake up starving. I work soon so I cant really work out now. Any tips?

Replies

• foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    How many calories do you eat a day?
  • I'm aiming to lose a half of a pound a week and myfitnesspal says I need 1400 calories to lose .5 pounds weekly, and today I ate 1200 and it's only noon. I am almost afraid I miscalculated the peanutubtter and don't really want to eat anything else in fear of going over my calories.
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    I myself would eat a decent dinner, log it, and move on :smile:
  • I had a bad day with calories 3 days ago and refuse to make another mistake. I think maybe tonight I will have some fruit or veggies with water to fill me up and just do better tomorrow. Ugh.
  • Flab2Fab27
    Flab2Fab27 Posts: 461 Member
    Plan and prepare meals in advance. That way you know what cals you're consuming and won't be tempted to binge.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member

This ^^^
    Expecting to be perfect all the time is a futile endeavor. Eat a good dinner and then keep going. :smile:
  • Nikkip130
    Nikkip130 Posts: 18 Member
    Just do a quick in home workout out, jumping jax squats etc anything that will allow you to take in more calories.

If you do a 20min workout you can get back about 100 cals that you can add to your dinner:drinker: :drinker:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member

Agreed. But if you're feeling really adamant about not screwing up, you can eat less calories or work out tomorrow to balance it out. A lot of people go by weekly totals or spread it over a few days.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Work out and have soup and salad for dinner.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    I do this a lot, and dinner ends up being a piece of salmon and broccoli, or a can of tuna w/mayo and veggies, or a piece of chicken or roast with veggies. Basically as much protein and low carb veggies as I can get for 300 calories. Not perfect, but it keeps me as full as possible with a small amount of calories left.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    then i eat salads and slim fasts for dinner and afternoon snacks and late night snacks.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    I'm aiming to lose a half of a pound a week and myfitnesspal says I need 1400 calories to lose .5 pounds weekly, and today I ate 1200 and it's only noon. I am almost afraid I miscalculated the peanutubtter and don't really want to eat anything else in fear of going over my calories.

How old are you? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? What is your goal? What is your activity like?
  • I'm 22 years old, 5'4, 129 pounds ( I went on vacation last month and put on 4 pounds. Want to lose it) I have a light lifestyle, I take long walks once or twice a week, or I work out at home.
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Grats on losing the 130lbs and keeping it off! I'd go with the eat enough dinner so you're not sick with hunger tonight and then balance out your calories later in the week. Definitely go for filling choices though and add in more water.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Can you do two ten minute sets of intervals? You're close to my size, and it takes me about ten minutes to burn a hundred calories if I'm working hard. Skipping rope would do it.
  • I will keep that in mind! maybe if I do ten minutes of working out in between meals, thank you lithezebra!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Eat a lean protein and vegetables for dinner - try to stay low/no carbs. you will be fine.

It's a process, not a minute by minute account. You don't gain overnight and you don't lose overnight, but rather over a period of time.
  • I used to eat grilled chicken and veggies all the time but with a busy schedule and no down time I stopped really taking care of myself meal wise, so I ate mainly bread and crackers. Not healthy at all, plus I was always hungry! but the last week I got back on track and have started cooking lean meats again like chicken and turkey burgers and the awesome part is, I'm actually full and I stay full for hours! I'm going to keep this up again:smokin:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Continue on with whatever you were gong to have for dinner. Do not worry about going over your calorie count. You can start over tomorrow. Please do not beat yourself up over this. It happens to all of us.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    One day is not going to undo your progress.

Vegetables - you can have loads of them for hardly any calories. Add an egg or a slice of meat for protein and tofmake you feel full.

And learn from the experience - plan better, have healthier foods around.