As a rule, if you are 9 st and under, average kcal?

I need to know what you would eat to maintain?
Say you we're not bingeing or dieting really, just being good but not too good?
What would you say is achievable without having to exercise all your extra eating off by working out loads ( my favourite way to be but I can also be lazy)
So tell me how much you work out ? And what you do, if you have a desk job?

I need to be realistic about my goals and what I can achieve
So I need to know what I can realistically aim for
I always have this idea of eating what 9st would eat (or less) and achieve it one day like that...

I'm overweight now, but haven't always been
Your help is so needed!

Replies

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Well I'm 8 stone 12 and you are very welcome to view my diary. I am in a tiny deficit now to recomp. My bmr is set to 1522 (which i suspect is too low but just working it all out over the next few weeks) and I add my exercise calories to eat. I am training for triathlon and since measuring with calipers it seems my body fat is probably under 20% .

I was 9 stone 6 for ages, but am leaning up to do a sub 22 5k. This suits me as a motivator rather than just vanity!

I love being this weight. Got curves and muscles and have lost the thickness around my upper thighs and bum. I am in 27 jeans and my legs look leg shaped as opposed to chunky. I am 5'7" and fine boned and narrow.

If I don't exercise the 1522 is kind of disappointingly low. Exercise makes me less hungry yet enables me to eat a lot. I suspect my true bmr is 1650/1700 as I have a kid, and no car, sleep badly, and have a slightly physical job (vocal/music coach).
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Use this calc to find out how much you should eat. http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
  • sklebar
    sklebar Posts: 117 Member
    It's all relative to how active you are in your life. I commute on a London tube train and exercise about 4.5 hours per week, so I do a bit of walking. I am nine stone, nine pounds, and my calories are set at 2000. Myfitnesspal says 1890 for lightly active and 2030 for active. The 2000 a day has helped and then for treats, I have Belvita biscuits on my exercise days, which is lighter than chocolates or digestives, but still sweet. I then have a cheat meal once a month, which is a beef burger with chips or a large pizza at Zizzi's. I've been maintaining now for 6 months. My weight still went down the first few months as I was tweaking calories and losing muscle mass from training a lot less in sport.
  • Thanks so much everyone for all the replies - all helpful

!!
  • Some useful advice here. Thanks for raising.