Would someone mind looking over my meal plan for this week?

Options
xLyric
xLyric Posts: 840 Member
I asked about this last night but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask while people were actually awake. :bigsmile:

If you go to my diary and go to tomorrow, I have what I'm going to eat planned out. I'm going to eat the same thing for a week, skip a day to eat whatever so I don't go crazy, then remake the plan with different foods for the next week. I've bought what I need (because I was going to start today but we ended up going out to eat. :grumble: ) So I can't make any drastic changes, but mainly what I'm asking for is that someone looks it over and tells me if I'm going to drop dead of dome deficiency or another, haha. Also, it's got a lot of protien, and I'm wondering how much is too much... (And I'm taking a multi-vitamin, and a vegetarian, so no meat.)

Replies

• elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I predict you will survive the week. :happy:

If you get hungry in between meals, you can add in some fresh veggies like broccoli, celery, carrots, etc. You are completely missing those, though the spinach helps some. They won't add much to your calories.
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think you should eat more in mornins than evening, but if it works for you go for it.

Something to try over a few days to see if it helps would eat 5 or 6 times a day instead of just 3. By "Grazing" all day, it will help you not be hunry during the day and actually burn more.
  • Buckeye_Mama
    Buckeye_Mama Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am by no means a dietician, but briefly glancing at your log I noticed you plan on eating 3 eggs a day. I would try to substitute egg whites for 1 or 2 of the eggs to help bring down the cholesterol. Just my opinion though.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Looks fine - a tad bit high on sugar but coming from Banana and canned pineapple. I don't buy canned fruit and do not know if they have a no sugar added pineapple variety. You may want to reduce sodium by getting frozen spinach and low sodium vegetable broth. I know you are under in sodium but the MFP levels are a bit high. Sodium holds water and holding water means less lbs. lost usually. I sure would get bored eating the same menu every day. I don't have cheat days and try to keep it varied so I stay interested and can make this a lifestyle change. If this works for you though - go for it! Good luck!
  • mariloulav
    Options
    I agree with the comments of everyone....

Split it in 6 meals.
    Avoid too many yolks
    Subtitute some of the canned fruit for fresh or frozen!
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    My mom is a registered dietitian and I took some classes in college in related areas. Your diet is not something I would like personally, but I think it looks okay. I have learned from past experience that you can never eat too many fruits and vegetable. They may have calories but they are not "fat" calories. (With the exception of avocado and coconut.) Watch out for hidden stuff like heavy syrup vs. light syrup in canned fruit. I think the eggs are fine with or without yolks. Its not like your eating hamburger or high fatty meats. Whole grains and whole wheat are always good fillers. They are complex carbohydrates that break down quicker than white flour products.

Notice how you feel at the end of the day. If it makes you feel good then I say go for it!
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    I hope I don't come across negative but I have taken classes in nutrition, and do a lot of research/reading on food. I don't think it is healthy to eat the exact same thing every day. Also, adding fresh or frozen veggies that are higher in nutrients (broccoli, spinach, greens, kale, red peppers, etc.) would be great, and definitely watch out for the syrups in canned fruits and try to add in some variety in the fruit too.

Good luck!
  • xLyric
    Options
    I hate eating in the mornings (if I even wake up early enough to call it breakfast!) so I usually eat more in the evenings. The times set out are just in general, but I'll try pulling something out and snacking rather than eat it all in one go.

The pineapples I did get in 'it's own juice' so I think that means no syrup added, and the broth is low sodium (guess I need to change what I put in, I didn't notice I'd forgotten).

Thanks everyone, for the ideas and the help!
  • xLyric
    Options
    I hope I don't come across negative but I have taken classes in nutrition, and do a lot of research/reading on food. I don't think it is healthy to eat the exact same thing every day. Also, adding fresh or frozen veggies that are higher in nutrients (broccoli, spinach, greens, kale, red peppers, etc.) would be great, and definitely watch out for the syrups in canned fruits and try to add in some variety in the fruit too.

Good luck!

I think you're right. I know that you're supposed to eat a variety of the food pyramid over a few days (or something like that) but I have a problem with snacking. I think if I have it planned out like this, it will be easy to stick to it. Then next week, change the foods, then maybe another week, and then once I get the hang of it I'm going to try to plan a week but with the right variety of foods every day, rather than the same things. So I'm working towards healthy. This was my main worry though, and that's why I asked... I know that you're not really supposed to, and I wanted to make sure there'd be no lasting damage, haha. Don't worry about coming across as negative, I appreciate the help!