Leslie Sansone Walking Workouts

Hi everyone, I know a lot of people think this 'Start Waking' programme is a load of rubbish but i actually enjoy doing it.
My question is how do i log it as accurately as possible?
Do i just log it as walking? because the intensity increases as the workout progresses.
Thanks

Replies

• kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    In to hear an answer - I do these from time to time too...have always logged as walking, but felt that wasn't exactly right.
  • I just log it as walking if I'm not sweating and low impact aerobics if I'm really pushing myself
  • If i log half the time as walking slow pace and half as walking brisk pace do you think that would cover it?
    I'm ridiculously out of shape so once the music/intensity revs up i sweat like a crazy person haha
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    I just log it as walking usually. I've been doing the four fast miles.
  • loislenski
    loislenski Posts: 89 Member
    I got an app on my iPhone called "calories burned" that tells me how many calories I burn for various different workouts (30 day shred, Insanity, ect) that has the Leslie Sansone walking workouts as well and that's what I used.
  • I got an app on my iPhone called "calories burned" that tells me how many calories I burn for various different workouts (30 day shred, Insanity, ect) that has the Leslie Sansone walking workouts as well and that's what I used.

Is that exclusive to iphone?
    I have a blackberry which seems to be pretty crap for apps
  • SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    I log them as low impact aerobics, but I never eat calories back so the accuracy of the calories burned isn't an issue for me. I just like to have a record of what exercise I did.
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    I add the workout as a new workout and then use my HRM for my calorie burns.
  • She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    I love Leslie Sansone! Her walking workouts are very, very good. Most of the time, I used dumbbells with her dvds. So, to me, it's more than just walking. She has a fat burn one that is so good! Lunges and squats. Her pace is fairly fast, too. I wouldn't log it in as slow paced. Good luck and keep it up. Don't listen to anyone that says her tapes are not good workouts. Trust me. They are!
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    I wear a Fitbit and just log the milage/calories burned from it. I love Leslie's videos! I have been doing them off and on for years.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    I use my HRM, but the calories come out the same (for me) as the equivalent time of "Walking, 3.0 mph, mod. pace, walking dog". So that might help you. Sure they aren't the greatest, most effective workouts, but I think they're great for beginners or if you only have the time/energy for a short, light workout at home. And they make walking a little less boring if you don't have somewhere pretty to walk.
  • loislenski
    loislenski Posts: 89 Member
    I have no clue... sorry.
  • maura_michelle14
    maura_michelle14 Posts: 2 Member
    I usually put it in as fast paced walking 3.5-4.0 mph, but I'm not totally sure if that's correct.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    While using a reliable hrm, I was averaging 8-10 calories per minute with Leslie Sansone dvds.
    I'm 5'3" and was doing the dvds at 185-175 lb.
  • SouthernCountryGirl
    SouthernCountryGirl Posts: 195 Member
    Everyone is different. Your calorie burn will be different. The calorie burns listed in MFP are overstated. Get a good heart rate monitor (HRM) and use that instead. Gives you an accurate burn. You don't have to spend a lot either. I found one at Wally World (Walmart) for $30 bucks. It gives me the correct burn for my exercises. Works great, no guessing :)