For The "LOVE" Of Pork

Options

Replies

• bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Loving these recipes!
    I normally just do a roast pork shoulder or pulled pork. I will be trying some of these recipes though!
  • Laffinhippiegurl
    Laffinhippiegurl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have replaced most of the beef in my life with pork. My absolute favorite is boneless pork ribeyes. Lawry's seasoning salt, cajun seasoning and hubby grills them. If it's raining, I bake them. 350 for 25 minutes, flipping once. Throw a bag of frozen broccoli in the microwave and call it dinner! :love:
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Made panko crusted pork chops yesterday. Simple and effing delicious.

4 pork chops (thin cut is what I prefer)

1 or 2 eggs mixed for egg wash

Mix About 2 or 2.5 cups of Panko and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese (more or less, that is up to you)

1 large ziplock bag (or brown paper lunch bag) with enough flour to be able to coat the chops

Olive oil (enough to coat the pan)

Here's what you do:

Pre-heat (medium high) pan with olive oil, take a chop and cover in flour, then egg wash and lastly in panko/parmesan mixture.

Flip once the crust turns a golden brownish color, once you take out of the pan let it sit for a moment (meat will still be cooking inside), serve with a side of favorite veggies and voila!

No need to season the chops, the parmesan does the trick! I've also made this recipe using whole wheat flour and it turned out just fine.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a crock pot pork loin today.

Ingredients:

2 medium-large onions, diced
    4 large apples, sliced, cored, and peeled
    Large pork loin (the one we are using is approximately 3 lbs) - do not remove the fat on the raw loin as it is needed to properly cook the pork
    2 tbsp cumin
    1 tbsp smoked paprika
    1/2 tsp liquid smoke
    black pepper and salt to taste
    4 thick slices of pineapple

In medium crock pot, place onions on the bottom and top with pineapple and drizzle with liquid smoke (a very small amount of this goes a long way so don't overuse it). Rub pork loin with cumin, paprika, pepper, and salt. Top with apple slices and cook on low heat for 8 hours. Remove pork and slice into approximately 4 oz servings.

You can also add cinnamon to the apples if you like.

Makes approximately 12-4 oz servings or 6-8oz servings. Goes well with wild rice and veggies.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Found this recipe through Pinterest:

Parmesan Honey Pork Roast

Ingredients:

1 (3 - 4 pound) boneless pork roast
    ⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese (yes, the powdered kind in the shaker canister)
    ½ cup honey
    3 tablespoons soy sauce
    1 tablespoon dried basil
    2 tablespoons minced garlic
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    ½ teaspoon salt

For Thickening Sauce -

2 tablespoons cornstarch
    ¼ cup cold water

Directions:

NOTE: The original recipe did not call for the roast to be seared first on the stove-top in a little oil, but I had already done so and it turned out great. So, I think it's up to you.

Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place roast in slow cooker.

In a small bowl, combine the cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil and salt. (I found the mixture to be a little too thick to pour over the roast [as instructed in the next step of the recipe], so I added in a tad bit of water to the mixture - maybe 1/2 - 1 cup.)

Pour over pork.

Cover and cook on low for 6 - 7 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.

Remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. (I cover mine with a little foil.)

Skim fat from cooking juices, if needed or desired. Transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and the 1/2 cup water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. (I found that I did not need all of the cornstarch slurry.) Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast and serve with gravy. (I didn't use all of the sauce.)
  • coffee4me57
    Options
    I have a pork roast in the freezer. Thanks for the great ideas.
  • Clm81401
    Options
    Pork Enchilada Burrito

Enchilada Sauce.

2 dried ancho chili
    2 dried new mexico chili
    2T canola oil
    2 garlic cloves
    1 1/2t salt
    1t Mexican oregano
    3oz tomato past
    1 can beef broth
    1/4t cumin
    14t black pepper
    1/4t chipotle powder

Pre heat oven to 400. Cut the tops off the ancho and new mexico pepper and remove as many seeds as possible. Roast in oven paying close attention for about 2 or 3 minutes. You had a tea kettle of hot water going to right. Put in large bowl and add hot water. Put a plate over to keep the down. After a hour add the peppers and the rest of the ingredients to a blender. Puree until extra smooth. Through a very fine strainer (or cheese cloth) force mixture through.

2lb pork belly or shoulder (I'm using belly today)(skin off fat scored)

In a shallow pyrex style dish pure the sauce around not on top until just short of the top of the meat (save remaining sauce for later). Braise at 300 for about 3 hours. I like mine to be just short of fall apart, fall apart is good to though.

In large flour tortilla add meat, sauce, pinto beans, rice, cheese, more sauce and roll it up. I like to do a quick grill here but not required. Eat and be happy
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    bump
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    I tried this the other day and it was pretty good; I spread a tablespoon of honey on a pork loin and rubbed it in. An hour later I cooked it on the grill for about 15 minutes with some onions. I didn't get too dry and it's pretty simple.
  • littlelady62
    Options
    Bump.
  • Clm81401
    Options
    Any one doing a Royal Pork Rack for Thanksgiving?
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    bump for meat recipes
  • aKate_
    aKate_ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Apple cinnamon pork

One pork loin
    Two apples, sliced
    Honey
    Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. Place one sliced apple at the bottom of a baking dish (one with a lid). Take pork loin and pat dry with a towel. Make deep slices across the pork loin all the way down. In each slit on pork loin put a small squirt of honey and one apple slice. Place pork loin in baking dish and then sprinkle with cinnamon. Cover and bake for 30-40 minutes until pork reaches temperature (145F).
  • YarnAndWhiskey
    YarnAndWhiskey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    tagging for later use
  • aKate_
    aKate_ Posts: 72 Member
    Options
  • Srsmith1955
    Srsmith1955 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    These all seem so good!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I like to make a mexican pulled pork in the crockpot similar to what is found at Qdoba or Chipotle for burrito bowls.

1 pork shoulder
    Cover with Adobo Seasoning (sold by Penzey's but I believe it is basically garlic powder, cumin, mexican oregano, salt and pepper)
    1 jar of salsa verde
    1-2 cans diced green chilis
    Juice of 1 lime
    1/2 cup or so of chicken broth

Cook on low for 8-10 hours, shred meat with two forks, put back in liquid to soak up more flavor till ready to serve. Can also add cilantro and diced jalapenos for additional flavor. Serve over rice, black beans and any other toppings like cheese, salsa, sour cream, avocado, etc.