Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm skinnier when I eat more??

Hi,

My routine, generally, has been:

-wake up
-fruit or yogurt
-workout
-shower
-breakfast (eggs, sausage, spinach, cheese, other veggies)
-snacks....(not too unhealthy)
-dinner: salad & dressing & seasoned chicken breast

I have my deviations, especially in the snacking department, but this has been the general rule.
I don't really have lunch because I wake up late so after everything is said and done it's basically brunch.

The weird thing is, on days that i don't work out and eat bad (i'm either visiting back home or at friends) I swear my stomach is smaller. For that duration of days it's really just free-for-all but instead of putting on weight it seems to me like I have LESS fat. Is this just a delayed effect of my diet? And then when I get back home and fall back into the routine I get all pudgy again.

Can someone explain this to me? .__.

Replies

• vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    It might be easier to help if you open your diet.

A commonly observed effect, though, is that occaisional feeding days is a great way to jump start your metabolism. Many people swear by this, and there is some research to support it.

Finally, when you say "you swear it smaller" do you mean "I get a tape measure, and danged if I haven't lost 2 inches"?
  • hmm i see, so binge (well, somewhat) days are ok.

no, its more of a visual thing. but my stomach is noticeably tighter, belly pouch gone down.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but that's like asking why the sky is blue. :smile:

It's just how your body does what it does and your perception. When I over do my eating, my tummy looks bloated and I don't feel good. But, that's just my perception. Others probably don't even notice it.
  • imxnianne
    imxnianne Posts: 216 Member
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but that's like asking why the sky is blue. :smile:

It's just how your body does what it does and your perception. When I over do my eating, my tummy looks bloated and I don't feel good. But, that's just my perception. Others probably don't even notice it.

I feel you. Haha
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    I lost 3lbs in one week after eating McDonald's or pizza for almost every supper meal. It's possible. Wouldn't do it every week though.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Your home mirror probably has bad lighting :D:D
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    I lost another pound and have been eating fast food this week. However ive stayed under my calories and burned about 3900 calories in my workouts this week. Maybe your not eating as big of portions as you think. Maybe your burning more calories than you thought.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    based on your typical day, you aren't eating enough calories to support your daily lifestyle or workouts. your body needs fuel to lose weight. if you arent fueling your body, your body will think it is starving and won't release fat cells in fear of starving to death. so by eating more healthy foods, your body is tricked in to thinking it will be nourished and is willing to let go of the fat since it is getting nutrients. there's a ton of discussions on mfp about it. maybe search it. i know it sounds crazy but eating more of the right thing is better than eating less, especially if less is crap food.