Newbie and needing a good helping push

Options
Hi I'm 20 yrs old and just had a baby boy in April. I was refered this site from someone on facebook and thought I wud try it out. I have gained so much weight that its making me more depressed. Three years ago I had been thinking of going into the army so i was training with a friend who pushed me even if i didn't want to but for me that worked cuz alone I couldn't motivate myself. I hope that i can find that same push here and lose the weight i need to get out and away from depression for me and my son. Especially by my 21st birthday. I have moved to a new town and have a lot of space to work out. So I could use all the help I can get please.

2545510.pngCreated by MyFitnessPal.com-Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    First off Welcome the MFP and you'll find the push you need to keep on track and to get motivated.
    I also think that you should go see a dr. if your depression is that bad. It's not a bad thing to get medication for it and believe me when I say IT HELPS! I'm thankful for it most days:)
  • toberlili
    Options
    if you think that your depression is from how you feel about the weightgain, than give this website sometime. when the motivation gets you going it will help with those feelings, not to mention the people on this site will be there to pick you up :), if you think that your depression is post-pardum (and yes it can last that long) then i agree with the advice of going to your doctor. welcome to this site and i think you took a step in the right direction. if you have any questions about weight loss or getting healthy, let me know :)
  • CatherinaD
    Options
    Thank you. I did go to the doctors today they gave me some anti-depressants and the depression was bad before i was pregnant. I am hoping to find alot of support here on MFP.

2545510.pngCreated by MyFitnessPal.Com-Free Calorie Counter
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    Welcome to MFP - you WILL find lots of support here and will be losing weight in no time. Good luck xxx