After you eat?

After a meal, what do you do?
Some people tend to lay on there stomachs because they say it'll make there tummy flatter and debloat.
Some stand for idk maybe 10-15 minutes.

I'm just curious.

Replies

• maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    I'm learning to not stuff myself to the point where I feel bloated. I used to lay on my tummy or suck in for a while after????
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Um, whatever I feel like doing?
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    I do whatever I have planned. If it involves sitting, I sit. If it involves standing, I stand. I don't buy into wives tales of how to reduce bloating, I just choose to eat well so that isn't a problem.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    This is a joke right?
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    i often take a big dump
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    I have never heard of this - I guess I just do whatever. Interesting. Learn something new every day!
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    i often take a big dump
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    I walk my dog.
  • imxnianne
    imxnianne Posts: 216 Member
    This is a joke right?

There are myths about after eating. That's why I was just curious?
    Some say if you sit, the food won't digest very well.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    This is a joke right?

There are myths about after eating. That's why I was just curious?
    Some say if you sit, the food won't digest very well.

It might cause indigestion if you are prone to that but it doesn't cause you not to digest your food or cause any weight loss.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    One thing I don't do anymore is stuff myself. I eat way slower than I used to and I definitely don't eat seconds. But after I eat? Well... I do what I would normally do... anything at all. I've gone for walks, I've just finished up the laundry, and there were even times I laid down. ::shrugs:: I guess there are people out there that say don't do this, or that after eating, but honestly I'm hitting my calorie goals in a 24 hour time span... it doesn't really matter (or at least for me personally it has not mattered) what I've done after. Everyone of course is different and will probably have a different opinion on this.

Maybe just do what you've done in the past?
  • j0j0ba
    j0j0ba Posts: 66
    Anything ! Just DONT GO TO SLEEP! You'll gain 20lbs :devil:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Some people tend to lay on there stomachs because they say it'll make there tummy flatter and debloat.

I'm just curious.

I don't know anyone who does these things.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I don't do anything special... had Roast Potatoes and carrots for supper and my butt has been in this Recliner watching my Browns choke to the Packers ever since. Lets just say I don't buy into the myth's, I will just deal in the actual fact based system of eating in a calorie deficit and lose weight. That seems to work pretty good so far.... :drinker:
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    I immediately go swimming.
  • xmysterix
    xmysterix Posts: 114 Member
    Uhm...digest?
  • I feed the dogs their dinner, which is what i am off to do right now.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    I immediately go swimming.

rebel
  • janglo
    janglo Posts: 32 Member
    Personally, I use after dinner time to walk my high-energy ranch mutt, let my dinner settle, increase digestion, and cut cravings. I have a cup of tea after I get home and am not really craving anything after that. Works for me!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member

I'm just curious.

lolwut?