Need honest opinion

Options
So I am currently undergoing treatment for an eating disorder and dk if I see myself clearly I'm 5'2 and my measurements are 34 23.5 33 and I feel like in perfect but feel my stomach is like flabby / disproportionately large feedback?!

Replies

• PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 5'5 measurements: 40 33 43. So you really are perfect and I would strength train and tone, it will get rid of the flab.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Well you could have "fat skinny girl" syndrome. Where you are thin, but not toned. This you must fix with exercising (strength) not by diet alone.
  • GettingMooreInShape
    Options
    You are in treatment for an eating disorder.. I'm sure the best advice anyone here can give is "listen to your doctors". The last thing you should be worrying about is a disproportionately large or flabby stomach. Heal your mind first, hun, then your body will follow suit.
    Best of luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • hif123
    hif123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You are in treatment for an eating disorder.. I'm sure the best advice anyone here can give is "listen to your doctors". The last thing you should be worrying about is a disproportionately large or flabby stomach. Heal your mind first, hun, then your body will follow suit.

Great advice. Follow it!
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    This.
  • FitnessRXusaAnna
    FitnessRXusaAnna Posts: 44 Member
    Options

listen to her!!
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    You need to listen to your doctors, but also, ask them if you can start a toning program. You don't want to replace an eating disorder with an exercise disorder, but I'm sure there's a way to incorporate healthy exercise into your lifestyle. Good luck.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options

Great advice. Follow it!

Do this.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    One other thing: if the ED was bulimia, and you abused laxatives, often your belly will be very distended for a while until after recovery (this happened to me) So motivation to recover :)

edit: I'm pretty sure bloating is a normal part of recovery anyway, so it may well be that as you recover, your belly will flatten out. Just focus on getting better - there are SO many benefits!
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    MagicalLeopleurodon Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    :hug:
    Eating disorders are a b****. Im thrilled you are recovering, and this is all part of it!
    I am 4'8" (you have half a foot on me!) And i am 30-25-36. (I keep my jjunk in the trunk.)

The best thing i ever did for feeling flabby was lift weights. You start feeling strong-and the stronger you get, the less gooey you feel.
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    One other thing: if the ED was bulimia, and you abused laxatives, often your belly will be very distended for a while until after recovery (this happened to me) So motivation to recover :)

edit: I'm pretty sure bloating is a normal part of recovery anyway, so it may well be that as you recover, your belly will flatten out. Just focus on getting better - there are SO many benefits!

Great/supportive response!!!!!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

QFT. As.recently as July of this year I told someone that I was healthier at 193 than I was at 130 and 4.5% body fat. That was true. I am going to be actually healthy at 150 and stay there now that I have learned to deal with the reasons that I was bingeong and purging myself and then using food as comfort.