Need advice with weight training.....

Options
Good afternoon!! I've been wanting to start some weight training in addition to my running but I'm not too sure where to start. I used to bench and do bicep curls in the past, but wanted to try and add more than just that so I don't get bored. Any ideas/tips/suggestions would be great!! Thanks everyone....

Replies

• ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Buy a copy of Starting Strength on Amazon.

Read it cover to cover.
  • midwestmixtape
    midwestmixtape Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    reddit.com/r/fitness
  • midwestmixtape
    midwestmixtape Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Read it cover to cover.

bro your avatar looks ****ing awesome
  • jonnythan
    Options

Read it cover to cover.

bro your avatar looks ****ing awesome

That is a Bacon Ranch McDouble Down. Pretty rad.
  • jmadams111
    jmadams111 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts is just 5 lifts: squats, deadlifts, overhead press, bench press, and rows. Check out stronglifts.com to get started. The site has a little too much 'infomercial' feel for my tastes but the workout/program is really great and definitely worthwhile.
  • Xtrobelights
    Xtrobelights Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Go to hasfit.com and click fitness programs then click 90 day workout schedule to build muscle. Tons of variety you'll never get bored
  • jonnythan
    Options
    For the OP: Stronglifts and Starting Strength are virtually the same program. I recommended picking up the book Starting Strength because it goes very in-depth into the mechanics of the major lifts and how to perform them properly without wrecking yourself.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    For the OP: Stronglifts and Starting Strength are virtually the same program. I recommended picking up the book Starting Strength because it goes very in-depth into the mechanics of the major lifts and how to perform them properly without wrecking yourself.

Thanks, I'll check it out!! Thanks to everyone also for all the advice given....