My First day here.

Options
Its been great. I did really well today and this place has been awesome. I'm just hoping I can keep up with it.
I am really hoping to meet more of you and really connect with you all on your journeys.

Couple questions though:

What has been your hardest obstacles on this journey?
How do you keep yourself motivated?
Is there any foods you recommend for belly fat?

Thank you so much! Hope your having amazing days!

**813 cals burned today!

Cassandra

Replies

• ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    My biggest obstacle is me! I'm not the best at motivating myself. I can, that is to say, I have before, but usually with a very tempting reason. When I was 150 at 14 years old, it was not being the fat girl in class. When I was 135 at 17 it was modeling (and the possibility of making 5 grand a day; yes, I'd say that's pretty tempting!). Right now, at 200 lb, the most I've ever weighed, I'm drawing a blank.
  • mshrews1
    Options
    My biggest obstacle would be sticking to a diet/exercise program. I would get motivated and start exercising and eating healthy..... but a week or so would go by and I wouldn't see any results. I'd get discouraged and make exceptions to my diet, a burger here... some pizza there. Then before I knew it, I was back to not eating healthy. So I'd say that was my biggest obstacle. This time it happened by accident. I made a new years resolution to stop drinking soda, I was drinking up to a 2 liter a day at one point. So I went cold on January 1st and never turned back. I wasn't trying to lose weight, just trying to get off the sugar. By the end of the summer, 9 months without soda, I had lost 30 pounds. I have never lost that much weight and decided to start dieting again and exercising to keep it going. That is when I joined this website. So to keep myself motivated, I just think that I've lost more than I ever had before and I have to lose it for health reasons now. As far as foods to cut the belly fat, Ive been eating a lot of fruit and vegetables without added sodium.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Like FormerFatGril said...my biggest obstacle is me. I start out all gungho but when the new wears off I kinda of start slipping. Right now I'm trying to just set mini goals each week and no look beyond the week. To be truthful, some days I just have to work through that day. You can do it...just have to learn what a foods you love and can be your standby foods and what exercise makes you want to get up and go. For me it's HIIT workouts right now. Love them because it reminds me of the intensity of playing basketball when I was in high school.
  • turbojanem
    Options
    make short goals for yourself. say 5 pounds at a time. reward yourself with a non food pleasure. small goals add up to your end goal.
    focus on your health. shoot for a healthy lifestyle and not necessarily a number on the scales. know your why. why do you want to be smaller/healthier???
    add me as a friend...i would love to cheer you on.