Protein shakes for women ?!!

Options
Majda_
Majda_ Posts: 32 Member
Hello y'all !

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend ! So my question is concerning Protein Shakes. I lost 55 Lbs so far with more cardio than strength training. I am very pleased with my progress so far, I will be at my goal weight very soon but I still don't feel myself in the body I dream about. I want to look leaner and stronger so I plan to start weight lifting after I finish Focus T25 (Beta).

These days, fitness is a hot topic in the office. Many of my male colleagues have been talking about and drinking protein shakes (different brands, flavors). I was thinking this can't be right for a girl; I will become bulky and I don't wanna be bulky; just leaner ! I did my research and found out that whey protein is pretty famous among fitness gurus and recommended for ladies too.

I am looking for the "perfect" protein shake for me with no artificial ingredients or sugar and that tastes good ! I wanna try the ON 100% Whey Gold Standard but I would like your opinion first.

Have you tried any protein shakes before? which one do you recommend? Pre or Post workout?! Any risks ?!

Thanks y'all in advance !

Replies

• dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake or add it to food just about every day. I like Muscle Milk 100% Whey protein powder. I don't like to eat before a workout, so I usually will have mine after a workout or for breakfast.
  • MoochieRama
    MoochieRama Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Shakeology
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i use body fortress but mainly because its gluten free and cheap at walmart. I might get a better one later once i can afford it.

but i use a scoop almost everyday to meet my protien goals, in a shake, in 'pancakes', in eggs, in fudge, brownies, protien bars, etc. it wont make you bulky but does help you reach your protien goals if meat is not an option for you.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    anything that comes in a pink box should work just fine for women...

...i'm kidding. all protein shakes work equally well for men and women. whey doesn't discriminate. :tongue:
  • Seahawk27
    Options
    The same one that a guy would use. There are no gender specific protein shakes. That's like asking what's the best chicken for women.

Optimum Nutrition is a fine choice in my opinion.

Exactly this, except whatever protein you like.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Protein is just protein. It's not like you'd be taking steroids.

I still want to know what chicken women should eat.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Hello y'all !

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend ! So my question is concerning Protein Shakes. I lost 55 Lbs so far with more cardio than strength training. I am very pleased with my progress so far, I will be at my goal weight very soon but I still don't feel myself in the body I dream about. I want to look leaner and stronger so I plan to start weight lifting after I finish Focus T25 (Beta).

These days, fitness is a hot topic in the office. Many of my male colleagues have been talking about and drinking protein shakes (different brands, flavors). I was thinking this can't be right for a girl; I will become bulky and I don't wanna be bulky; just leaner ! I did my research and found out that whey protein is pretty famous among fitness gurus and recommended for ladies too.

I am looking for the "perfect" protein shake for me with no artificial ingredients or sugar and that tastes good ! I wanna try the ON 100% Whey Gold Standard but I would like your opinion first.

Have you tried any protein shakes before? which one do you recommend? Pre or Post workout?! Any risks ?!

Thanks y'all in advance !

unless your protein shake has added testosterone, you will NOT get bulky. 90% of women do NOT have the testosterone levels needed to get bulky the way guys do.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Why would protein make you "bulky'? :huh:

Pick what you like and drink it. Protein is gender neutral.
  • v_woolf
    v_woolf Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    my trainer who is pretty hardcore recommends True Nutrition's Whey Protein Isolate Cold Filtration. http://www.truenutrition.com/p-947-whey-protein-isolate-cold-filtration-1lb-milk.aspx
  • UmmSulaimaan
    UmmSulaimaan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well Look!! I am with you and dilligently take protein shakes everyday post or pre workout.... I lost alot of weight and use it as a meal replacement along with other things sometimes. It won't bulk... I don't like the artificial ones so I take Lifetime (unsweetened) also the liquid L-carnitine is great!! I now for breakfast take Shakeology. If you are interested in having a Muslim beachbody coach or doing a challenge with us, you can. Do you have a facebook? If so add me...
  • l0l0p
    l0l0p Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Protein is just protein. It's not like you'd be taking steroids.

I still want to know what chicken women should eat.

:laugh: There are hundreds of chicken breeds in existence......